3Katz

Rear seat back rest remove

Hi it's been a while as I've been enjoying the Mustang as delivered from the States but it's time for an overhaul and modification. I've collected the parts (engine, trans, diff etc) and have removed all the old running gear. I am now in the process of stripping the interior in preparation for mini tubs,  chassis connectors etc and have a silly question - how does one remove the rear seat back cushion? (the one your back rests on). I want to leave all the frame work in place but take the cushion off as it's mint and don't want it damaged. 

Thanks Ridge, I had the screws out but didn't realise the channel actually pops off allowing you to pull it out at the bottom. 

I'm assuming there's supposed to be a metal panel of some sort here?

20190419_103408.jpg

I should clarify - is there a metal panel missing that separates the trunk from the passenger compartment? I would imagine there would be something to stop any objects stored in the trunk from flying forward into the back of the rear seat in the event of an accident...

IIRC there was a cardboard panel, some of the Mustang parts suppliers sell a metal one. I purchased the metal one & installed it in my 69 Coupe. It came with sheet metal screws, but I bolted mine in.

85594-stiffen-uni-body-added-metal-trunk