sixt9stang

how much would this be worth?

I talked with the guy a bit more.  He has floor plans, firewall and front aprons new.  He also has the original hood, fenders, and original seats.  I don't know about the rest of the interior..  I have seen the hood and that is in good shape.  He said the fenders would need work.  I was thinking 2,000 for the shell and all the metal. 

I guess he also purchased a Mustang II style front suspension kit for it and also some type of new rear suspension but he didn't know what brand.  I mentioned TCP and he thought it was maybe from them.  Considering their front suspension kit is 3,000 or more I told him I would mostly be interested in the shell.  Don't think I could swing 5,000 or more to get everything he has.

What you would need to find out is ,is the clip for that car or some other car .

Does he have a title .

Why was the front clip removed ,rust or accident damage . If it was rust the rear portion probably has rot as well . 

The fact the car is cut in pieces has a big effect on the value 

https://imgur.com/a/vO1S8Wl

Pictures from this weekend.  I have to go look at the other parts the guy has.  I think he had the front clip removed because he thought he needed to for the Mustang ll style suspension.  He was going to put a 460 in it that was bored out and stuff.  He said he wanted to take it to the drag strip once in a while.

Yep.  Would need wheel wells and at least part of the quarters.  What do you think?  Is it worth saving?  Or would it be worth picking up the shell and suspension if I can get it cheap enough and then parting out what is decent on the car and keeping the 9 inch and suspension for my car?  I figure since it isn't a Mach1 or anything more rare than a fastback it wouldn't be too huge of an issue if it didn't get restored.  I know that it can definitely be restored but I don't know if I have the skills, time, and money at this time to pull it off.

Run, don't walk, away from this hulk.  It ain't worth anything, let alone the time you've already invested.  Too much rust and things missing.

OK, I did my part, RPM and RidgeRunner: it's now yours to fight over!  You both can send me the $50 Amazon card.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Midlife said:

Run, don't walk, away from this hulk.  It ain't worth anything, let alone the time you've already invested.  Too much rust and things missing.

OK, I did my part, RPM and RidgeRunner: it's now yours to fight over!  You both can send me the $50 Amazon card.  Thanks!

Will you take a post dated check ..i made in my printer ?

Well if you can pick it up cheap enough and if it has parts that you need / want for your car or a future project then try to scoop it up.

Its really IMHO not worth saving but that is your call.

I recently ran across what I'm pretty sure is a 69 GT car about 10 miles from my house and on my first visit I noticed a LOT of really good stuff and got excited, but when I revisited the car during the day and chopped down a few bushes I saw that it was only worth the parts that I wanted / Needed .... Mainly a 100% Complete Fold down seat kit with untouched trap door and all the brackets, along with a Tilt Steering column..... The guy that owned the car died and his mother was now in possession of it and she was not at all happy when she pulled up and saw me inspecting it. I'm sure it held some sentimental value to her, but after my inspection I quickly saw that it was a Rotted shell that apparently had the clock catch fire at some point in its life and had burned the dash out b4 it was extinguished.

Long story short... If its a good M2 front kit and good rear kit and has a nice 9" and host of other good useable parts, take 1k cash with you and tell him all ya have is 1000 bucks and it needs WAY more work than its worth LOL

If not a Mach 1 as you say and as it appears in the pics, what engine did it come with originally ??  

Best it could be is a 351W as it does not have big block shock towers.   If not a factory 351 (M or H for 5th digit of VIN ... vs. F=302 / L=250 / T=200), it will NOT have a 9" rear unless someone added it later.

I see a woodgrain dash in the trunk ... if it were originally a deluxe interior décor group car with a 351W and some other decent / desirable factory options it might be worth restoring.   If a plain jane 302/250/200 definitely not ... at best a donor shell for a Dynacorn re-body maybe.

Doug

Ya.  The VIN has the H for the 351.  I haven't seen the door tag yet so I don't know what all the options it had yet.  It did have the factory disc brakes but so does my coupe so that probably isn't that special.  I was hoping to look at the rest of the parts Thursday or Friday but we had a major snowstorm on Thursday and I couldn't get a hold of him on Friday unfortunately.

This guy should be giving this car away.  It's only worth the 9" rear axle housing if it has a 9" rear end.  I say housing and not the complete rear end because it's probably a basic open differential in a standard third member, nothing special.  Don't forget, unless you have a lot of storage area, you'll have to figure out what to do with this car after you remove any parts you want.  Wrecking yards, at least in my area will charge you to take it.

when you buy a car like this you are only buying the vin, you will be replacing everything, make sure that the dash and fender apron vin are the same. unless you have a shop with lift, rotisserie, and lots of welding materials this is not a car you want to start with.