moodster

New Rim Blow Steering Wheel

I bought a new Rim Blow Steering Wheel and the inner rubber piece that triggers the horn is a little loose.  It does fit inside the steering wheel easily but it is not tight against the groove; it feels loose.  Has anybody else ran into this problem?  Are we supposed to use a glue to secure it?  I've never had a rim blow steering wheel before so this is all new for me.

david

About two years ago I bought a rim-blo switch locally for $270 and buggered it putting it in. Realising my mistake I wen and bought another and buggered it as well. $540 later I put in a push button until I am ready to give it another go. Not a good day.

The brand I chose was a very tight fit. I have heard that the cheaper ones fit a lot more easily.

My switch came with the wheel as a kit.  It sounds like there is a lot of variance in the switches - I didn't even realize there were multiple manufacturers.  Mine fits nicely most of the way around the wheel but it is just a 6 inch or so area where it is loose.  I'll take a picture tonight and post it.

david