Flash69

Lower radiator saddle bracket bolts

I am upgrading my radiator from a 20 inch to a 24 inch from eBay, based on a thread here. I purchased new repro upper and lower saddle brackets however I cannot find the bolts to mount the lower saddle bracket. I have searched many parts sites however I came up empty. Can anyone help me find bolts to use to mount the lower bracket? 

9 hours ago, Flash69 said:

The hole looked threaded however I was unable to look closely enough tonight. I will look tomorrow to see if they are treaded holes. 

Just looked at the lower brackets and bolts I have in a bag for one of my 69s, I was wrong. They are 5/16 NC18 bolts with captive washers (like fender bolts). Total length (including the head) is 1 inch.They may be the same bolts that attach the front fender extensions to radiator support.

The top support had 2 screws that attached the support to top of radiator support (besides the 2 bolts that go from front to radiator support). Don't know if the 2 screws that go from top are original or if someone added them.

On 3/24/2019 at 9:45 AM, aslanefe said:

Just looked at the lower brackets and bolts I have in a bag for one of my 69s, I was wrong. They are 5/16 NC18 bolts with captive washers (like fender bolts). Total length (including the head) is 1 inch.They may be the same bolts that attach the front fender extensions to radiator support.

The top support had 2 screws that attached the support to top of radiator support (besides the 2 bolts that go from front to radiator support). Don't know if the 2 screws that go from top are original or if someone added them.

I will order some of the 5/16 bolts to try. Thank you.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, fvike said:

I have the top set your link reference, those are used to attach the TOP saddle bracket to the radiator core support. 

To the best of my knowledge the second set you reference are for the 20" radiator with side brackets to attached to the radiator core support.