FloridaDave

Ignition key light bulb

I am looking at installing parts of the "visibility group" and while there are parts on the web for the glove box light and trunk light, I have found no references to the ignition key switch that has a bulb somehow attached to it. Anyone have pictures, information and or part numbers for this item???
1969 Mach 1 San Jose 3/18/69 Deluxe Interior.

Thanks

The 69 Shop Manual only refers to this light once and it is in the Continental Mark lV section.  Calls it a screw on assembly with no other info ?  The 69 Wiring Diagram Manual does reference the ign swith illumination several times.  The black w/yellow stripe appears to plug into the headlight harness.  Brian

I have that option on my car but of course I can't find any pictures ... I seem to recall that the 1895 bulb goes in a can that attaches to the switch.  The can has a small hole in the side that directs the light down into the switch instead of lighting up the whole area behind the lower dash. The effect is that the key slot and the outline of the cylinder are illuminated with the headlight switch.

I suspect that part is nearly impossible to find but could be fabricated pretty easily.

I'll try to find some time to pull the switch and get some pics in the next few days.

Happy birthday!

My 69 Coupe has the visibility group. When I re-assembled the dash there was a metal bracket that goes around the ignition lock cylinder & screws to the dash that the bulb & socket plug into. If you have the Osborn electrical assembly manual it shows a picture of it on page 19 under instrument panel cluster & controls. It is part #- C9ZB-11A596-B retainer. Here is a link to a used one at WCCC. WCCC also has a picture in that link that shows it installed looking at the back of the dash.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/c9zb-11a596-b.html

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:55 PM, Midlife said:

I may have one or two of those lamp housings that the lamp actually fits in.

I also have one, and the bulb socket and wire, if Randy cannot find his. 

1 hour ago, FloridaDave said:

I really appreciate all the help and this information gives me some direction. Being new to this forum group how best can I contact the members who appear to be offering to sell me the socket and wire???

Thanks

Below is how you can contact Midlife.

http://midlifeharness.com/welcome.html