Sign in to follow this  
gnatsum

1969 Mustang MSD Digital 6AL Ignition Module Installation

Hello everyone.  I have installed an MSD digital 6AL ignition module and everything is wired up except I'm not sure where to find the ignition wire from the key switch, which connects to the MSD.  Is it inside of a harness somewhere or is it a loose wire?  Thanks for your help.

When I installed my MSD 6ALN in my 69 Mach 1 I went to the ignition switch for the switched 12V power.  I tapped into the terminal with the original resistor wire that went to the original coil.  I tapped into it at the switch so as not to get any of the original resistor wire.  I was able to open up the crimp on the terminal and solder another wire to it while leaving the original resistor wire intact incase I ever need it again.  For the constant 12V power I went to the battery post terminal on the starter relay.

Thanks.  When I bought the car there was no engine, so also no ignition wire to a coil.  I'm not finding it, but was wondering if that wire was part of a harness, or was it a lone wire?  Where did it pass through the fire wall?

The coil wire would be part of the engine gauge feed harness (oil pressure, water temperature, and coil).  It would plug into the 3 prong plug from the underdash harness that goes out into the engine compartment via a grommet near the driver's side center of the firewall, below the lip.