rittenrotton

Spark Plug/Wires Recommendations

I have a 70 coupe with a ford racing crate 306, aluminium heads, MSD 6al, and efi...I need to replace my plugs and wires and was looking for recommendations. My motor seems to be running a little hot (based on the plugs I have).

I was considering e3 plugs but I've seen a lot of negative reviews, but then a friend recommended platinum plugs but I've heard they aren't as good as copper..Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

spark plug.jpg

I've always had good luck with either NGK or Autolite spark plugs. Before trying something like a platinum plug, do some research, I've heard those are not the best choice for an MSD ignition.  I always use the plain old copper core spark plugs with my MSD 6ALN ignition.  I use MSD Super Conductor spark plug wires.  I did install the MSD pro boots at the spark plug end to eliminate the multi angle boot. 

Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions! I will check my timing to see where its set to and if it can be advanced.

I just might go with the NGK platinum plugs. I see there are a few different levels/types///Which one did you all go with? Iridium? G-power?

5 hours ago, rittenrotton said:

Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions! I will check my timing to see where its set to and if it can be advanced.

I just might go with the NGK platinum plugs. I see there are a few different levels/types///Which one did you all go with? Iridium? G-power?

When I've installed NGK plugs, I've used the copper core V-power and they seem to work just fine.  I don't know what plug gap you are using, if it's still at 0.035" you can probably go up to 0.040".  I run mine at 0.040" with 10.7:1 C.R.

I've been wondering if anybody had tried the new spark plugs MSD offers?  Do they work any better like MSD claims?