Sign in to follow this  
mqu02

'69 Clutch pedal misalignment distance

I know the clutch pedal on a '69 sits higher than the brake pedal, but mine seems to be excessively high now that it is in the car with everything hooked up.  Would someone with a clutch & power brakes be so kind as to give me an approximate measurement of how misaligned they are?  Mine clutch pedal is currently about 2.75" higher than my brake pedal when measuring from the center of one pedal to the other using a straight edge, which looks completely wrong, and appears to be offset more than the pictures I have seen.  This car is still basically a shell yet, so if I need to fix something it shouldn't be as hard.  What is odd is that everything seemed to fit together correctly, and everything seems to function like it should.  Additionally, I know there is a difference between a manual brake pedal and a power brake pedal, and I have a power brake pedal installed in the correct location.  This is a 4 speed toploader car, with the factory style Z-bar configuration, and I can post some pictures too if someone knows these assemblies pretty well.  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Brian Conway said:

Mine is closer to 3" difference in pedal heights.  Stock configuration.  Not noticeable when driving.   Brian

69 Pedal Height diff. 3 inchs.JPG

That is exactly the measurement I needed, and thanks so much!  This is the first manual ‘69 I have worked on, and it sounds like mine is right where it needs to be.

2 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

We make our pedal  assembly  so they are both even.

The part of me that is obsessed with symmetry is having a real hard time looking at this, but probably won’t change it since I’m going with a factory build on this car.  I don’t blame you at all for making them both even, and at least visually, this doesn’t appear to have been one of Fords better ideas.