Machspeed

Car Mounted on Rotisserie. Questions?

I would not use the screw adjusters they will only get in the way when you are painting, just copy the height off Ridges photos and you won't need any adjustment. I would also think twice about having two bars at the bottom, if you are clumsy like me you will probably fall over them especially when you have a welding helmet on.

The double bar is actually a lot more stable ,i almost had a real 67 super charged Shelby flip on a t bar type ,but the guy just had to use his new rotisserie ,if i hadent been at the side when he tried to spin it it would have landed on the roof . I use the bars to stand on and i can get the car about 5 inches lower with the double bar . 

7 hours ago, JET 445 said:

I would not use the screw adjusters they will only get in the way when you are painting, just copy the height off Ridges photos and you won't need any adjustment. I would also think twice about having two bars at the bottom, if you are clumsy like me you will probably fall over them especially when you have a welding helmet on.

That's funny, both things you would nix, I definitely would keep. I don't know how I would have gotten the car on the rotisserie and properly adjusted without the screw adjusters. Seriously! Ridge has a lift he can get it up there with, not sure what you use, JET. Perhaps your unit drops lower than mine, but then I don't know how you would balance it. I suspect you do everything on your cars too, so its not moved outside of your shop. I need to haul mine to the media blaster and then to the painter. No way, I'm not having the security of those double bars. I'm also building a body cart. Car will go to media blaster, then to painter for epoxy prime, then back home where I can do a few more things to it to ready for paint, then back to painter. He will epoxy car on rotisserie, paint on body cart.  Lastly, I'm selling all this when I'm done with it.....need the curb appeal...lol!!!   

Mach, PM me

Oh you will regret selling it . I sold my first one i made thinking i would not need it again ...i have 3 now and they are always in use . I have done everything from frames for my 35 - 37 fords to an 80s Cadilac ,and a couple of Impalas . You can addapt them for almost anything 

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

You may want to paint it ,i have two i didnt and i wish now i had . My yellow one is just painted with rustolium ,ad a bit of catalyst and rust olium is pretty tough . If any spots get bladted just touch it up after you remove the car

You know Ridge, I have actually thought about that. Was looking at some paint at a tractor supply company the other day. Did you prime it before you put on the Rustoleum?  Not sure I want to invest in the primer. 

Ridge, thanks for that picture of the bottom of a vert- that really shows what I wanted to see. I'd like to do inner convertible rockers to my fast back and add the boxes to the bottom as shown here. Since we're all about hijacking threads here it begs the question- is the exhaust routed next to the driveshaft and above the plate that connects the two boxes? If so, could you fit 3" pipes in there?