Sign in to follow this  
fnoble

Best rear gear manufacter

I like to use original Henry used gears which I find on eBay. I've heard too many times guys end up with noisy new gears. I have received two sets of used Ford gears that I couldn't get the whine adjusted out. I've had good luck with this eBay seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-FORD-3-70-Factory-take-out-Ring-and-Pinion-Gear-Set/323565524324?hash=item4b56021564:g:Vd8AAOSwtw9b-Gvp

I've had good luck with Motive Gear ring and pinion sets.  That is Motive Gear's Performance Series, not their OEM replacement series and not their Pro Performance Series.  They have setup easily and I haven't had any noise issues.  Yukon Gear and US Gear are very good as well.

If you want a ratio, like a 3.90:1, that was an OEM ratio and is not offered aftermarket then you'd have to try somebody like RPM suggested.

Motive Gear (Italian sourced).  These are typically the higher end of the Motives gear lines.  They are lapped on both drive and coast sides and are perfect when set up exactly per specs.

11 hours ago, Rich Ackermann said:

I really like my Eaton Truetrac hemispherical limited slip. I have pair it with a set of Yukon 3.50 ring and pinion gears. The Eaton acts like a open rear until you get on it.

This is what I am running and have no complaints.