Sign in to follow this  
Tcoco

69 throttle cable bracket

Need some help 69 coupe 302 with an Edelbrock carb and an aluminum intake and a C4 tranny with a kickdown bar. I would like to use the oem cable and kickdown but I had to jerry rig a cable bracket don’t want to go lokar and the 2v bracket doesn’t work it stretches the cable who’s using what? 
Thanks

When I had an Edelbrock we modified a 302 2v bracket just slightly to deal with the vacuum on the back similar to above.  just took some metal out really.  For the kick down we cut and extended the little tab of metal that connects to carb.  However Holley now has a kick down extension you can buy.  Funny though I didn't need the extension with a Holley 4 bbl just with the Edelbrock.  But I eventually went with a lokar cable and bracket.  Much happier the stock cable would bind for me.  

Here is the kick down extension

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-20-41

This bracket came up when I was looking for the kickdown link.  It looks like it might be worth considering

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1419

A couple of things I have discovered using the stock 4 barrel linkage bracket with universal Holley 4 barrel carbs.  First, it will only bolt on with vacuum secondary carbs and not mechanical secondary carbs.  Second, if you attach the linkage ball to the predrilled hole that's intended for it in the Holley primary throttle lever you will not get full throttle.  I had to modify mine both to fit a mechanical secondary Holley 4 barrel and to get full throttle.  NPD use to carry the stainless bracket J's 69mach1 is using.  But for some reason it's discontinued.  Maybe there are other sources for it.