mikee

69 coupe from SVK

This Pepper Gray color is growing on me.  I am currently headed in the direction to use the 1963 Corvette Color called "Sebring Silver".  It looks like liquid Mercury.  

8 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

This Pepper Gray color is growing on me.  I am currently headed in the direction to use the 1963 Corvette Color called "Sebring Silver".  It looks like liquid Mercury.  

Wow, that one is lovely too. I would go with something more silver, but all that chrome trim and parts fading away on it...

Hi Guys, 

Im installing "the very bottom door weatherstrip". It came in a plastic bag, so it had heavy deformation anyway, but after install it doesn't look to me like it was meant to be like this :).

Is it meant to be glued too, or do I miss some metal reinforcement to hold it better in place?

Thanks 

20211101_164629.jpg

20211101_164646.jpg

On 11/2/2021 at 5:47 AM, mikee said:

Hi Guys, 

Im installing "the very bottom door weatherstrip". It came in a plastic bag, so it had heavy deformation anyway, but after install it doesn't look to me like it was meant to be like this :).

Is it meant to be glued too, or do I miss some metal reinforcement to hold it better in place?

Thanks 

As far as I remember, the way you installed is correct, no metal reinforcement or glue.

Thanks for responds guys, for now I had to remove them then installing the door back on car. The weather strip is rubbing on rocker and Im scared that it might scratch it, while the paint is still fresh. Anyway, I think I will wrap lower door jamb in to clear foil.

On 11/7/2021 at 12:47 AM, staffy said:

Great work and nice to see another mustang in Europe (i’m in the U.K. and restoring a ‘69 fastback 

chris 

I know your car, I got inspired by your color choice :)

8 hours ago, mikee said:

Thanks for responds guys, for now I had to remove them then installing the door back on car. The weather strip is rubbing on rocker and Im scared that it might scratch it, while the paint is still fresh. Anyway, I think I will wrap lower door jamb in to clear foil.

That is supposed to rub/hit on top outside edge of the rocker panel and stop dirt/mud getting on top side of the rocker. Waiting for the paint to harden more is a good idea.

Some progres pics. I glued in the windshield last night. Was my first, so I took some knowledge from mustangstofear youtube video. After measuring, and measuring I set the glue V-shape ledge to 16mm - approx. 5/8 Inch. I ordered two 310ml  tubes and I was really generous, but I used just one, otherwise as was told in video. Now I have concerns, if it is gonna seal properly.  How much do you use guys to glue the windshield in?  

20211108_182008.jpg

20211114_165521.jpg

20211114_165500.jpg