mikee

69 coupe from SVK

8 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

This Pepper Gray color is growing on me.  I am currently headed in the direction to use the 1963 Corvette Color called "Sebring Silver".  It looks like liquid Mercury.  

Wow, that one is lovely too. I would go with something more silver, but all that chrome trim and parts fading away on it...

Hi Guys, 

Im installing "the very bottom door weatherstrip". It came in a plastic bag, so it had heavy deformation anyway, but after install it doesn't look to me like it was meant to be like this :).

Is it meant to be glued too, or do I miss some metal reinforcement to hold it better in place?

Thanks 

20211101_164629.jpg

20211101_164646.jpg

On 11/2/2021 at 5:47 AM, mikee said:

Hi Guys, 

Im installing "the very bottom door weatherstrip". It came in a plastic bag, so it had heavy deformation anyway, but after install it doesn't look to me like it was meant to be like this :).

Is it meant to be glued too, or do I miss some metal reinforcement to hold it better in place?

Thanks 

As far as I remember, the way you installed is correct, no metal reinforcement or glue.

Thanks for responds guys, for now I had to remove them then installing the door back on car. The weather strip is rubbing on rocker and Im scared that it might scratch it, while the paint is still fresh. Anyway, I think I will wrap lower door jamb in to clear foil.

On 11/7/2021 at 12:47 AM, staffy said:

Great work and nice to see another mustang in Europe (i’m in the U.K. and restoring a ‘69 fastback 

chris 

I know your car, I got inspired by your color choice :)

8 hours ago, mikee said:

Thanks for responds guys, for now I had to remove them then installing the door back on car. The weather strip is rubbing on rocker and Im scared that it might scratch it, while the paint is still fresh. Anyway, I think I will wrap lower door jamb in to clear foil.

That is supposed to rub/hit on top outside edge of the rocker panel and stop dirt/mud getting on top side of the rocker. Waiting for the paint to harden more is a good idea.

Some progres pics. I glued in the windshield last night. Was my first, so I took some knowledge from mustangstofear youtube video. After measuring, and measuring I set the glue V-shape ledge to 16mm - approx. 5/8 Inch. I ordered two 310ml  tubes and I was really generous, but I used just one, otherwise as was told in video. Now I have concerns, if it is gonna seal properly.  How much do you use guys to glue the windshield in?  

20211108_182008.jpg

20211114_165521.jpg

20211114_165500.jpg

Windows done, all of aluminium brackets have been loose or off some way, so I had to dig out all of old glue and blue them in properly. Since I wasn't able to get the glu I saw on youtube - perfect video from WCCC, i used same as on the windshield. Seem to work perfect, time will prove it. only issue I had was how to glue then in the middle of bracket grove and in the right angle - but simple solution: 3D printed spacers with snug fit :)

20211229_103942.jpg

20211227_113009.jpg

20211229_104551.jpg

6 hours ago, mikee said:

Windows done, all of aluminium brackets have been loose or off some way, so I had to dig out all of old glue and blue them in properly. Since I wasn't able to get the glu I saw on youtube - perfect video from WCCC, i used same as on the windshield. Seem to work perfect, time will prove it. only issue I had was how to glue then in the middle of bracket grove and in the right angle - but simple solution: 3D printed spacers with snug fit :)

20211229_103942.jpg

Mikee, one suggestion for you. The piece in between the window brackets on above picture hits the stop at the bottom of the door and stops the window when it is rolled down. When you crank the window down, the force from window regulator pulls the window down from the 2 glued brackets and at the bottom of the travel, the small bracket hits the window stop and pushes the window up which in time loosens the glue. I used PVC pipe cut length vise and wrapped them on the bottom of the glass runs (put a zip tie to hold the 2 pieces of PVC together) at adjusted lengths so the 2 glued brackets hit the PVC stops just before the middle stop hits the stop on the door. This way the stop force and movement force are both on the 2 glued brackets so the middle bracket is not the stop any more and can't push the glass up and force the glued joints.

First back seat side panel restored, under old upholstery I found some surface rust , but after some rust neutralizer, coat of epoxy and fresh vinyl its like new. I found 3 mounting spots for screws, but can't figure out purpose of the one on panel - red arrow, because place where is this one aligned to - has no hole at all. Im I missing some mounting clip, oi its hole for rubber insert? Did someone recently instal this panels on coupe  (has someone pics)? My assembly manual has poor details on this part of vehicle so I'm just guessing how should it be ... Thanks   

20220122_170204.jpg

20220124_193016.jpg

1235.jpg

If my memory serves me right, you are missing the tab at aft upper corner of your quarter panel, and there shouldn't be a hole where red arrow is. I'll get you pictures tomorrow unless someone posts before me.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:02 AM, mikee said:

Perfect, thanks aslannefe!

Looked at a 69 and a 70. Both are the same.

IMG_1651.jpg.06802861085c142e49b102db9df8cdcd.jpg

There are 3 holes, 2 are marked with white tape and 1 with blue tape on above picture. Only attaching screw is in the hole with blue tape. The lower forward hole does not have a screw (and a hole on the cars for the screw). The other one with white tape (the one you asked about with red arrow on your picture) has a closed cell foam behind it (and compressed between the panel and the bracket welded on the inner fender well)

See pictures below for the tab that the only screw is used to secure the panel and the closed cell foam on the other hole.

IMG_1652.jpg.1ac6c4aa3d4cb45dd693c9403a0e711e.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg.b7d8dc71deebe37a814a77fdf6373882.jpg

Man, thanks a lot, that helped me a lot. I will put there same foam I used under door jamb stainless trim.

It's harder than I thought its gonna be to put the car together, even with assembly manuals :)

On top of all, the quality of some aftermarket parts is so poor that I'm struggling with primitive things - now its the hood. The seal between hood and cowl is so hard that is unusable.  

On 2/1/2022 at 3:43 AM, mikee said:

Man, thanks a lot, that helped me a lot. I will put there same foam I used under door jamb stainless trim.

It's harder than I thought its gonna be to put the car together, even with assembly manuals :)

On top of all, the quality of some aftermarket parts is so poor that I'm struggling with primitive things - now its the hood. The seal between hood and cowl is so hard that is unusable.  

Hey Mikee, 

I had to remove inner quarter panel of my 69 Grande to run some wires to the trunk today . It had a screw on the top forward of the panel (besides the screw at the top back marked with blue tape) and 2 door panel clips on forward edge; the brackets that the clips are attached to can be seen on the picture of the back of the panel I posted above.