Sign in to follow this  
whoapony

WTB 69 NON Tilt Steering Column

Looking for a non tilt column like the title states.  Doesn't have to be in good condition, just complete for the most part.  I'm looking to cut one up to build an EPS setup, so let me know what you got, thanks!

On 1/20/2019 at 2:08 PM, whoapony said:

Looking for a non tilt column like the title states.  Doesn't have to be in good condition, just complete for the most part.  I'm looking to cut one up to build an EPS setup, so let me know what you got, thanks!

EPS is on my to do list. Got a Prius EPS to install after I get my 69 Grande running and driving again. Already removed the factory PS system and installed manual drag link etc, but kept the PS steering gear box.  Can you take some pictures while you are working on your column?

15 hours ago, aslanefe said:

EPS is on my to do list. Got a Prius EPS to install after I get my 69 Grande running and driving again. Already removed the factory PS system and installed manual drag link etc, but kept the PS steering gear box.  Can you take some pictures while you are working on your column?

Nice!  I went with a Corolla unit.   I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, power steering removed and manual drag link installed and also kept the PS gear box.  I did buy a flaming river unit that I'm going to install as well to replace the factory gear box, mine has a little bit of play in it.  Once I get it started I'll take some pics, but I'm still in the gathering parts stage.  I found a great page that has tons of pics and builds, I'll PM it to you, I'd post it but not sure how the forum is here with linking to another site.

1 hour ago, whoapony said:

Nice!  I went with a Corolla unit.   I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, power steering removed and manual drag link installed and also kept the PS gear box.  I did buy a flaming river unit that I'm going to install as well to replace the factory gear box, mine has a little bit of play in it.  Once I get it started I'll take some pics, but I'm still in the gathering parts stage.  I found a great page that has tons of pics and builds, I'll PM it to you, I'd post it but not sure how the forum is here with linking to another site.

I have read Waid's posts on other forums. 69 should be close to what Waid did for his car. You can clean, re-grease and adjust the steering box if bearings etc are good.. But you need a torque gauge in inches pounds to adjust the box. I bought a screwdriver kind torque gauge on fleabay for about $50 and adjusted mine after I added some grease to it. If the box has grease in it, most probably the bearings etc are good and adjustment will get rid of the play.