Mike65

Console lid dimensions please.

I am in the early stages of building a custom console for my 69 Coupe & was thinking about using the mustang console lid to cover the storage area. I was wondering if someone can measure their console lid from the factory console please.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:08 PM, Mike65 said:

I am in the early stages of building a custom console for my 69 Coupe & was thinking about using the mustang console lid to cover the storage area. I was wondering if someone can measure their console lid from the factory console please.

Here are a couple of pics and a quick sketch of my sons console lid. Hope this helps. 

4F0D25C2-24C3-4A35-93F4-F8051901862E.jpeg

0BBE79B1-D6AE-4DB7-A459-08C3F88C5360.jpeg

A78639C8-F493-4BAD-B27A-44F9E91BCE3D.jpeg

2 hours ago, RobotMan said:

Here are a couple of pics and a quick sketch of my sons console lid. Hope this helps. 

Man, if that was a quick sketch I'd love to see you take your time!

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Man, if that was a quick sketch I'd love to see you take your time!

Thanks for the props. But it is second nature to me as I have designed robotics and industrial automation for most of my career. I usually do drawings on CAD. But I resisted and did the notebook sketch. 

1 hour ago, RobotMan said:

Thanks for the props. But it is second nature to me as I have designed robotics and industrial automation for most of my career. I usually do drawings on CAD. But I resisted and did the notebook sketch. 

Now, if you were so kind, you would have modeled it and sent us the STL files so we could 3D print it :)

1 hour ago, aslanefe said:

Now, if you were so kind, you would have modeled it and sent us the STL files so we could 3D print it :)

Actually would not be very difficult.  Not sure if it would be frowned upon if you started modeling original Ford parts. However probably would be more accurate than the re-pop crap that is sold for good money that’s for sure!