Johns Summer of 69

Vintage Air control panel lighting

In my efforts to complete the dash I have run into a problem that I can't get a solution to... I had the car rewired and have 3 dash light wires that need a home. Mainly, I am trying to "light" the air controls. There appears to be a round hole in the center of the back that I am presuming is for a bulb. But I don't have a bulb socket, or wire for it. I am also presuming that one of the dash wires on the harness is for that, but need to know what I need to get to make it all work and what exactly are the 3 dash wires for.

Thanks

John, that hole takes a small bulb socket.   Not sure what dash wires you are referring to, or what color they are.     I don't have my wiring diagrams handy.    The socket looks like the ones that go into the glove compartment.   Make sure you use one that "dims" with the dash lights.   Going from memory, maybe a black/blue wire.

58 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

John, that hole takes a small bulb socket.   Not sure what dash wires you are referring to, or what color they are.     I don't have my wiring diagrams handy.    The socket looks like the ones that go into the glove compartment.   Make sure you use one that "dims" with the dash lights.   Going from memory, maybe a black/blue wire.

Dash-related lamps are typically blue/red. 

John, when I did the rewire of my 69 Coupe I just used one of the gray wires that were marked "dash lights" & hooked it to the socket that I had for the heater controls. I think the it might be the same socket that was used for the back of the clock on the Mach-1's. Send Midlife a PM & ask him if he has any he could sell you.

I used the AAW kit also.  Wire #8 (grey) [8A, 8B, 8C, etc]  I robbed a socket from my old wiring harness.   

I am out of town, but I can send you a couple lights sockets when I get home if you need one.