MAC390

Question for RPM

Hey Bob,

I am getting information about my 70 R/T Charger and i wondering if you knew the oldest Dodge Dealership in Bakersfield , my car was sold there in Feb 70.

Thanks in advance.

Wally.

Dude, I'll be 63 in a few months, and I've had more than a couple of concussions. I can't remember where my car keys are. And I lived across the street from the dealership in 1979!  And had them do some body work on my pickup. Sheesh.

My neighbor worked for them back in the day, but he's at the doctor. When he calls me back I'll let you know. 

Walt, my neighbor said it was Urner's Chrysler Plymouth Dodge until the late 70's when it became Haddad Dodge. 

With that said, I've got a close buddy who's been a Chrysler Plymouth dealer for decades. He's gonna look into it. I'll let you more what he finds, if I remember. 

Still awaiting word from my bud, who's waiting on a dealer rep to call. He did say that Haddad bought it in 1973, unknown if Urner had the Dodge dealership in addition to the Chrysler Plymouth store. 

My bud was a bit fired up, and I know he'll get back. He drove a 70 Charger in the mid 70's, and said to me, maybe it's mine! Ya, no.

Hey Mac, I received this info today from my dealer bud. 

The information is interesting as they did a search for terminated dealers for me. The earliest year on record had an appointment date of 1971 which was Irvin E Fike in Shafter with a term date in 1975. Then there was Bakersfield Chrysler Plymouth in 1972 which termed in 1980 and reopened in 1983 as Van Wyk's. Followed by Haddad Dodge in 1973. If you dig further you can find Google records of Irvin Fike which take you to newspaper articles the are into the 60s... 

When going back that far and with all the corporate ownership changes you've seen over the decades... not sure what has been kept or purged or lost with system upgrades over the years??? That's what I was able to dig up with a couple of phone calls and e-mails..