thegizmo

Intake By-Pass Tube Size - C5AE9425C

Hi Guys,

Been lurking about 4 years and appreciate all the knowledge of the members.  I'm looking forward to jumping into the restoration fray with you all. 

I finally bought my dream car, a 69 Mach 1, S Code, back in May 2018. Looks to be mostly complete but there are some questions and work needed.  The intake is stamped with C5AE9425C which I'm suspecting may not be the original one but I'm not too worried about that at the moment.  Everything I've read says the water pump by-pass tube at the front of the intake for the 390 should be 5/8" in diameter.  I ordered a replacement ( C5AZ-8555-A) and confirmed that it is 5/8".  However, it is noticeably larger than the hole in the intake.  I removed the old rusted piece that was left in it but it still seems too small to accept the replacement even though they are supposed to be a tight pressed fit.  Can anyone tell me if the C5 intake takes a smaller size by-pass tube?

Thanks in advance for the help.  Hope to be able to contribute one of these days.

Forrest

10 hours ago, thegizmo said:

Hi Guys,

Been lurking about 4 years and appreciate all the knowledge of the members.  I'm looking forward to jumping into the restoration fray with you all. 

I finally bought my dream car, a 69 Mach 1, S Code, back in May 2018. Looks to be mostly complete but there are some questions and work needed.  The intake is stamped with C5AE9425C which I'm suspecting may not be the original one but I'm not too worried about that at the moment.  Everything I've read says the water pump by-pass tube at the front of the intake for the 390 should be 5/8" in diameter.  I ordered a replacement ( C5AZ-8555-A) and confirmed that it is 5/8".  However, it is noticeably larger than the hole in the intake.  I removed the old rusted piece that was left in it but it still seems too small to accept the replacement even though they are supposed to be a tight pressed fit.  Can anyone tell me if the C5 intake takes a smaller size by-pass tube?

Thanks in advance for the help.  Hope to be able to contribute one of these days.

Forrest

Just in case you are interested, i may have the correct date coded intake for your car and it is for a 49th state non smog car.

2 hours ago, barnett468 said:

Just in case you are interested, i may have the correct date coded intake for your car and it is for a 49th state non smog car.

Thank you barnett468.  I will sure keep that in mind and appreciate the offer.  I'm hoping to be able to get it running before starting other repairs and this by-pass tube is my first step.

Forrest

Welcome to the forum Forrest! I love the FE motors, well, other than prices these days.

It's been too many years since I worked on the FE in my 56 F100 to answer your question. So how about some pics of your S code? And where are you located? Sometimes that helps. 

Thanks for the welcome RPM, I appreciate it.  I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post pictures yet but I'll give it a go as soon as I can get registered with a hosting site.  Been trying Flickr but it isn't cooperating.  Also, anyone know a reason 1969stang.com isn't saving my login info?  I keep having to reset my password when I want to login.

My first vehicle (purchased with my own money) was a '75 F150 with a 390.  Been a fan ever since. 

Oh, and I put the location in my profile.  Southeast Texas, couple hours south of Houston.

2 hours ago, thegizmo said:

Also, anyone know a reason 1969stang.com isn't saving my login info?  I keep having to reset my password when I want to login.

Weeelll, apparently you aren't the only one with this malfunction. As a moderator I'm not trusted enough to fix the issue, an administrator had to do it. Problem is, he/ they don't frequent the site.

Texas huh? Damn Texans and coupes are taking over I tell ya. Kidding, wish I was a Texan. 

We'd love to have you in Texas RPM.  Just shake off all the Kalifornia dust first.  lol

Hopefully an admin will swing by and fix the login issue.  Gets old having to reset the password each time.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:35 PM, RPM said:

Weeelll, apparently you aren't the only one with this malfunction. As a moderator I'm not trusted enough to fix the issue, an administrator had to do it. Problem is, he/ they don't frequent the site.

Texas huh? Damn Texans and coupes are taking over I tell ya. Kidding, wish I was a Texan. 

Watch out Bob, all us Coupes are taking over the forum. LOL.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:28 PM, thegizmo said:

Oh, and I put the location in my profile.  Southeast Texas, couple hours south of Houston.

I've only been to Texas a few times, but isn't a couple of hours south of Houston WATER?

On 1/3/2019 at 9:35 PM, RPM said:

I have the same password issue. If the admin does come along and fix yours, tell to fix mine too.

21 hours ago, RPM said:

I've only been to Texas a few times, but isn't a couple of hours south of Houston WATER?

Lol, well, technically you are correct RPM.  However, staying on land and traveling, let's say, south/southwest a bit you land in Victoria, high and dry.

19 hours ago, Rich Ackermann said:

I have the same password issue. If the admin does come along and fix yours, tell to fix mine too. 

Hi Rich,

Yeah I saw your post earlier in the Members Only area so I posted mine also.  At the very bottom of the page is a Contact Us link.  Does anyone know if that will be received by an Admin?

37 minutes ago, thegizmo said:

Lol, well, technically you are correct RPM.  However, staying on land and traveling, let's say, south/southwest a bit you land in Victoria, high and dry.

Hi Rich,

Yeah I saw your post earlier in the Members Only area so I posted mine also.  At the very bottom of the page is a Contact Us link.  Does anyone know if that will be received by an Admin?

OKay. I sent an email describing the problem to whoever monitors the "Contact Us" emails. Whoever is hosting the side should be providing some level of support as defined in the SLA. Assuming there is an SLA. Sorry for momentarily hijacking this thread.

Hi guys, I exchanged e-mails with Bswor, the site owner and admin, and he felt he fixed Rich's problem. If it's not fixed, we'll have to address it again. RPM and I can reach out to the admin.s and see if we can get it fixed.

5 hours ago, thegizmo said:

20190106_135802.png.7014b01ed535333304ede9290c651dff.png

On 1/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, Rich Ackermann said:

OKay. I sent an email describing the problem to whoever monitors the "Contact Us" emails. Whoever is hosting the side should be providing some level of support as defined in the SLA. Assuming there is an SLA. Sorry for momentarily hijacking this thread.

Thanks Rich, and no problem on the hijack.  Be nice to just be able to login without having to reset our passwords every time.

RPM, I stand corrected.....technically.  lol

9 hours ago, gordonr said:

I have a C5AE9425C  laying around here and it has 5/8" outlet.

Gordonr, many thanks for that.  I will try to get some pictures up of the differences and see what you think.  I've looked closely at the opening and there sure doesn't seem to be any remnants of the old pipe left in it.  Thanks again for your help.

This picture is a picture of it with the rusted portion still in it.

20180701_160206Szd.jpg.4028c5d0bb618daa983a0e8fc5c8a5a1.jpg

The below picture is after removal of the remnants.  It appears to be clean.  I looked for a defining line that may indicate there is still more in it, maybe if the PO put in a smaller pipe inside the original one instead of removing it but it sure seems to be all clean.  Since Gordonr's is 5/8 I'll do some more investigating. I'll let you know what I find.

20180715_180115Szd.jpg.d283d0a92da2fb95e279971501a147f6.jpg

12 hours ago, thegizmo said:

Thanks Rich, and no problem on the hijack.  Be nice to just be able to login without having to reset our passwords every time.

RPM, I stand corrected.....technically.  lol

Gordonr, many thanks for that.  I will try to get some pictures up of the differences and see what you think.  I've looked closely at the opening and there sure doesn't seem to be any remnants of the old pipe left in it.  Thanks again for your help.

My Password problem has been fixed! So nice to be able to log in without having to do a password reset. Thanks again bswor for your help.

4 hours ago, JET 445 said:

I use Firefox and it remembers all my passwords and logs me in automatically or if I choose the private setting, 2 clicks and I'm in.

Thanks JET, I appreciate you taking the time to comment.  I use Firefox too but I think the issue was more behind the scenes with the Forum

2 hours ago, Rich Ackermann said:

My Password problem has been fixed! So nice to be able to log in without having to do a password reset. Thanks again bswor for your help.

Woohoo! Just logged in without having to reset my password!!  Thanks Rich for your efforts and thanks bswor (I'm assuming you fixed mine when you fixed Rich's)!!