RPM

Engine, Driveshaft and 3rd Member Angles

I have milled 0.200" from the carb pad of a Victor Jr. to gain a little more hood clearance.  I can tell you, the carb pad is horizontal, no slope to it at all.  Why, I don't know.  I wouldn't use that as a reference to set your motor and trans angle.  If you want a level carb pad I have seen some tapered spacers on Summit Racing's website.

I might have missed something, but it seems when the drop motor mounts are being installed, vibration issues pop up.

47 minutes ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

I have milled 0.200" from the carb pad of a Victor Jr. to gain a little more hood clearance. 

I certainly wish I'd have done this mod instead of lowering the motor. I did ponder doing it for a bit. 

I might have missed something, but it seems when the drop motor mounts are being installed, vibration issues pop up.

I seem to remember guys who lower the trans mount for T5 and other O.D.s also have vibration issues. Maybe the manufacturer knew what they were doing. 

Yeah seems the drop mounts cause all kinda problems.

So lowering the motor would actually tilt the rear of the transmission Up as long as the cross member were not modified, however I think I have to much down angle and that my transmission needs to be Raised a bit...Going to play with it some tonight and see what I can come up with.

When setting the car up to take measurements, I know that you need the weight on the suspension but since my car has a slight rake to it do I need to account for that or do I just get it up and put stands under suspension and level the car at the rockers, or should I see what the degree of rake is and put the car at that degree while on stands?

On a side note I was browsing Coil over conversion kits and came across CPP's Double adjustable conversion kit with Viking coil overs for $449.00 One Ebay...Couldnt resist so I bought them LMAO.

Figured worst case scenario at least I can get my ride height up with these and the ride and handling has got to be better than my Koni Classics and chopped springs Lmao..Anyone use the CPP Coil over conversion kit?