Cantedvalve

Put the click back in my clack - solid state flasher

So amongst the variety of gifts my wonderful family got me was new solid state flashers. These buggers are direct replacements for the thermal ones... but no click.  Now on hazard lights that is fine, but for turn signals I think I will want my click back. Anyone got any good ideas?

You can add a noise maker but these are likely to be 80 db or greater and probably too loud. Most of those can't be turned down adequately with resistors, but you may try that and damp the piezo with a dab of silicone. It'll take some experimentation.

17 hours ago, aslanefe said:

Use the solid state to power the flasher and also connect the thermal one (not connected to flasher) to same circuit so it makes your clicks. Or connect a buzzer powered by the solid state flasher.

For the thermal flasher to work, it would need to have a load and considering the wattage required (they are current sensitive) that would get messy fast, and if this is in parallel with the lights it wouldn't be in sync (noise wise) with the other flasher. Having it in parallel would also add amperage and you don't want that. Having the two flashers in series would give a chopped-up flash rate, so I can't envision how that would work well. Instead of messing around with all that, I think I would go back to the original flasher, or drive around like us old people with the flasher on because we can't hear it 8)