bryonbush

Aaw kit heater switch and blower

Seeing if yall could help me with how to wire up the fan speed switch and the heater blower to an aaw kit while using the stock setup. This is for a non AC car. There were some of yall who did this and its documented somewhere but a lot of the pictures in the build section are gone 

bryonbush, my 69 Coupe does not have A/C & the stock harness was long gone so I went by the wiring diagram & made a harness to go from the heater box blower motor resister to the blower motor switch.

22 hours ago, fvike said:

Sweet thanks. I'm not home for a week so I cant see my harnesses. So the factory yellow wire gets replaced by the big orange wire in the AAW kit? What was the smaller brown wire you added a wire connector to?

Thanks 

On 12/28/2018 at 3:18 AM, bryonbush said:

Ah gotcha! So the orange wire goes to the blower motor? 

If it is the orange wire in this picture you're talking about, it is not connected to the AC/Heater system. It is for the cigarette lighter. It's always hot. All orange wires in the AAW harness is hot. The orange wires pictured above by Mike65 is not, they are a part of the Ford harness.

44218301315_6cf19e6906_b.jpg

46 minutes ago, Mike65 said:

The orange wire in my pic is the wire from the blower motor to the blower resistor.

Ok thanks. For some reason I though there was a larger orange wire that was labeled for the heater. Guess I'm thinking wrong