Sign in to follow this  
Bill Bailey

Factory a/c without tinted glass?

Hi All,

I have a factory a/c car that, other than the rear window being tinted, has clear glass.

My grandfather bought this car new, so I'm positive it always had clear glass.

So was tinted glass an option even on the a/c cars?

Marti report attached.

Thanks in advance.

FB_IMG_1544994715854.jpg

received_2187330638200007.jpeg

5 hours ago, barnett468 said:

Tinted glass was supposed to be mandatory on all a/c cars, but i would email kevin and ask him if he has ever heard of such a thing as clear glass on an a/c car.

I found another a/c 69 Mustang Marti report online, and it shows tinted glass as an option.

1969-ford-mustang-fast-clear-texas-titlemarti-ready-for-restore-or-restomod-2.jpg

On 12/17/2018 at 3:20 PM, barnett468 said:

Interesting, that was not the case on the 65 and 66 cars.

I have always heard and rear that tinted glass automatically came on the 65-6 cars. I had assumed it was all of them but it appears that it some point ford made it optional

27 minutes ago, Rsanter said:

I have always heard and rear that tinted glass automatically came on the 65-6 cars. I had assumed it was all of them but it appears that it some point ford made it optional

Tinted glass was definitely an option on a non ac car in 65/66. As far as 65/66 cars that came with clear glass always having a tinted rear window, I don't remember that but I suppose it is possible but it wouldn't make any sense as far as I can tell. It also makes zero sense to me to put clear glass in an ac car but they obviously did.