Rich Ackermann

My new 1970 M-Code Mach 1 Project

1 minute ago, pgold said:

AAAwsome looking car. Comprehensive restoration to be proud of. You may need to consider crowd control when showing. I love your red and black interior.  

Hey thanks man. After all the hard  work, I am looking forward to getting her out in public  and showing her off a little.

8 hours ago, pgold said:

I'm in Brisbane. Australia. You would be heading into winter on your side of the world. what are winters like in Delaware?

A bit warmer on average than New York City, but not that much different. Delaware like other mid Atlantic east coast states, the seasons are a little warmer as you go south and cooler as you go north. In Delaware summers in July thru late Sept are 30 to 35 Celsius and winters between December and March are between -5 and 4 Celsius. We usually have a less than a foot of snow, but some years more and others hardly any. September thru October is the best time of year for temp and weather in DE. Spring starts in April. So there you have it. 

So you should have 2 or 3 months to enjoy before the snow start to fall.

July 1987 I was in New York, New Jersey and Washington DC for a wedding and catch up with friends. I had been in Banff Canada for 6 months and couldn't believe how hot and humid it was in NY.

Brisbane have similar temps to you in summer, winters are 5 to 22 C with occasional frosts but none this year. Never snows here. So its mustang time all year round. When we are not in Covid lock down that is.

8 hours ago, pgold said:

So you should have 2 or 3 months to enjoy before the snow start to fall.

July 1987 I was in New York, New Jersey and Washington DC for a wedding and catch up with friends. I had been in Banff Canada for 6 months and couldn't believe how hot and humid it was in NY.

Brisbane have similar temps to you in summer, winters are 5 to 22 C with occasional frosts but none this year. Never snows here. So its mustang time all year round. When we are not in Covid lock down that is.

The Car show and cruise season ends here by November and does not start again until April. July 1987... I remember it well. I was in the midst of moving into a new home with two kids and a expecting wife. Anyway, I believe you are heading into the spring season there in Australia. Enjoy the warmer weather! Hopefully Covid does not prevent you from getting the mustang out on a road trip or two! Regards,

On 9/7/2021 at 12:24 AM, Rich Ackermann said:

These are the only pics I can find of the Hyperspark coil bracket I made to mount it to the Edelbrock Air Gap intake. Unfortunately I don't have any pic when I was making it or the dimensions. My goal was to keep the coil horizontal and below the air cleaner base.

Looking the coil and bracket from the front of the engine  between the distributor and the Sanden AC compressor.

20210907_001934.jpg

20210907_002053.jpg

Thanks appreciate the pictures and information. 

2 hours ago, Grabber70Mach said:

Your car looks and sounds great, congrats on the journey so far.  Hope you get her over the finish line and start enjoying the ride.

Thanks. I am very close to having it pass inspection road worthy. In DE cars newer than 1968 still need to pass emissions. Unbelievable!

Well, The car is essentially done. Although we all know that our cars are never ever really done! I do have a list of things I need to or want to change/fix or tweak.

I belong to the local Mustang & Fords club here in Delaware and we had our fall show sponsored by a Ford dealership in Newark Delaware, Porter Ford. It was a nice day and we had a great turnout. I took the car to the show where it made it's debut.  The car got a lot of attention and took home it's first trophy. The awards were based on spectator popular vote and a Dealers Choice award.

20211003_160149.thumb.jpg.130890501f0e3800d56cdcd5d32d1a6b.jpg

20210924_192315a.thumb.jpg.1c6e1bf449372db71c283e66ac2dd838.jpg

It's been awhile since I posted anything, I've just been enjoying driving the car. While in winter storage, I decided to install a 1" rear sway bar and "CalTrac like" traction bars from CPP. Becasue I converted to rear disc, the factory style sway bars that mounts to the plate that is bolted to the axle/shock plate will not fit around the calipers. So I went with a CPP sway bar that clamps to the axle housing and bolts to the frame near the rear torque boxes. It also does not interfere with the new traction bars. See the captions with each picture below.

1134255854_TractionBarCompositex.thumb.jpg.fd7b7190a7262c0971c9193a21e7db72.jpg20220525_185703.thumb.jpg.02dd2e01d7dd86ce489ff59de9a1b725.jpg20220521_193830.thumb.jpg.9438fa40fb60759aa1f9b9dfed8f350c.jpg1108722553_HadtousethelastadjustmentholeontheSwayBarandbrackettoextenditasfarforwardaspossibletocleartheparkingbrakemountanditisstillveryclose.thumb.jpg.9ad5e227c048479f4517d16dbbd543a6.jpg621450187_TractionBarInstalledonmy1970MustangMach1.thumb.jpg.e9cb6a8cc9ce5628d1f45496ff963bc5.jpg

20220521_193703.thumb.jpg.93bfbe0cd840284fae11bb462007e778.jpg

20230419_114731.thumb.jpg.2d4ab103d3d5b411a0d8c368fbde785e.jpg

On 4/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, RPM said:

" I've just been enjoying driving the car. "

I'm calling bull$hit. No way a car with that clean of an undercarriage is being driven. Ya, I've got a bit of envy going on :)

Well...Bob. Okay, I admit, I only drive it on dry sunny days... Mostly to car shows on the weekends, but I enjoy every minute that I am behind the wheel... and that's no bull :-)

I've got the same rear sway bar from CPP. Haven't fit it up yet. Since I have 3x2 rear frame rails, I'll have to adapt the fwd mounting. Bought it cause I was concerned about clearing my fabricated 3-link set-up. The pics are good reference.

Rich, that is a cool setup.

The way it hooks up to the front spring mount is interesting.  How do those shackle looking plates fit in between the front spring eye and the stock mounting point?

I was at Carlisle in June, went by your club tent and asked the people there if you were around, they didn't know. Not sure if you went.  

It was hot.

Vic