Rich Ackermann

My new 1970 M-Code Mach 1 Project

On another topic. I have installed my Global West front suspension, CPP Granada front spindles disc brakes, power steering box, and stock linkage with Granada outer tie-rod ends. Also the rear is in with a Yukon center case, and Eaton TrueTrac with 3.70 gears in the stock nine inch with stock 28 spline axles. Also partially installed the CPP rear disc brake conversion kit.

Borrowed a set of 18 inch US Mag wheels with tires from a friend to check clearances before I buy my wheel and tires. I think they look great on my car. I might just have to keep them...Lol!

20200306_151953.jpg

20200306_160446.jpg

20200226_204231.jpg

20200301_150449.jpg

20200307_175240.jpg

Nice wheels.   Noticed the spacer plate on the steering box, is that box from a Granada also?

I blasted and powder coated my tail light housings, so they are all black. But the Orange is kinda cool.....

3 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Nice wheels.   Noticed the spacer plate on the steering box, is that box from a Granada also?

I blasted and powder coated my tail light housings, so they are all black. But the Orange is kinda cool.....

Hi Vicfreg,

My car originally had manual steering. The GM Style steering box, Custom Pitman Arm, Rag Joint are from CCP.  The "spacer" is actually the mounting plate that adapts the GM box to the original Ford mounting holes. There is a counterpart mounting plate on the other side of the frame. It will be paired eventually with a GM Style Saginaw Pump. The setup is similar to what Ford used on the 71-73 Mustangs with power steering. I never like the 69-70 hydraulic P/S setup Ford used. I looked at a Borgeson conversion kit as well, but decided to go with CPP. 

I only needed to use Granada outer tie rod ends with the Granada front spindles/brakes. The rest of the linkage is the original Ford Manual linkage.

I like the orange accent around the taillights. Kinda gives it a modern look. Some folks don't care for it and I understand that.

BTW: the wheels are borrowed from a friend of mine's Mustang. They are US Mags Bandit U109s in 8 x 18 and 9 x 18. I am using them to test fitment. I like them too and have decided to get the same ones for my build.

16 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Got it, sounds like a good setup.  I used a CVF serpentine pulley system, they provided the GM pump.  Came out good.  Check them out.

serpentine install.JPG

That looks fantastic! You have the aftermarket (Sanden?) A/C compressor and the Saginaw P/S pump mounted on a Windsor block. I have had no luck finding a similar pulley setup for Sanden A/C and Saginaw P/S on a Cleveland block. 

2 hours ago, Rich Ackermann said:

That looks fantastic! You have the aftermarket (Sanden?) A/C compressor and the Saginaw P/S pump mounted on a Windsor block. I have had no luck finding a similar pulley setup for Sanden A/C and Saginaw P/S on a Cleveland block. 

@Rich Ackermann

https://www.cvfracing.com/black-ford-351c-serpentine-system-ac-power-steering-alternator/

Or

https://www.cvfracing.com/black-serpentine-system-for-351c-351m-400-ac-power-steering-alternator-all-inclusive/

13 hours ago, Grabber70Mach said:

So if we call direct and order three kits wonder if we could get a better price.

I'd try it. Most resellers would possibly only order 1 or 2 kits to get wholesale pricing so 3 kits is not a bad sale for them. I used to get at least 20% off RRP when I ran my shop.

Fyi on CVF, I bought and installed a CVF front runner for mock up. A year later, still in the build process I decided to add AC as it's now or never. I contacted CVF about adding the compressor  and bracket that matched what I had, and eventually decided to swap out the installed, mocked up system for the top of the line Wrapter. CVF credited my system for the upgrade and took it back, verified it was as I described and shipped me the new one. Don't know of any company that would do that,take back an installed product and give full credit for it,  they are awesome to work with.

1 hour ago, 69Stanger408 said:

Fyi on CVF, I bought and installed a CVF front runner for mock up. A year later, still in the build process I decided to add AC as it's now or never. I contacted CVF about adding the compressor  and bracket that matched what I had, and eventually decided to swap out the installed, mocked up system for the top of the line Wrapter. CVF credited my system for the upgrade and took it back, verified it was as I described and shipped me the new one. Don't know of any company that would do that,take back an installed product and give full credit for it,  they are awesome to work with.

I never heard of nor personally had a company backup their products that way. Most give you 60 to 90 days at most to return uninstalled stuff. I bought a set of del-a-lum shackles from global west in late November. Discovered they would not fit my Eaton stock leaf  springs. I never installed them. They still refused to take them back since it was over 90 days. So now I am selling them on ebay and Craig's list, facebook marketplace. Any takers?

5 hours ago, Grabber70Mach said:

@Rich Ackermann@RogerC

I serious about seeing if they will give us a discount if we buy three setups at once.  Let me know if your in.  I'll call and talk with them to see what they would do, just need the specifics of what setup your looking at.

Ok I am in if the discount is good. I might be able to get a buddy of mine who has a 71 mach 351C with aftermarket a/c and p/s to go for one too. So that may make it four.

Roger, that is a nice looking setup. I am also only running an alternator on my 5.0 & to make the manual steering easier I installed a roller idler arm from Opentracker racing.  Even with the weight of the drivetrain in the car & the car not moving I can turn the steering wheel with one hand. Here is a link to the idler arm I have which fits 67-70. https://opentrackerracing.com/product/roller-idler-arm-manual-steer-1967-1970/

Here is a pic of the setup on my 1987 5.0 in my 69 Coupe.

100_1616.thumb.JPG.a3dfb4ca99e6a568e1bf15b94b1ddafe.JPG