Sign in to follow this  
aslanefe

1969 gauge cluster question

I think the Alt warning light on clusters with tach comes on when the key is turned to run, and goes out after the car is started (provided the alt is charging). Is there a light on non-tach cluster that comes on when the key is turned to on position and goes out when the engine starts?

1 hour ago, Midlife said:

Nope.  In a non-tach cluster, there is an ammeter instead of the alternator indicator lamp. 

I know the ammeter versus the alt light, I was wondering of there is any light in the cluster that comes on when the key is at run position and goes out after the engine starts. Seat belt light (if you have it) which is not in the cluster comes on for a few seconds and goes out, anything in the cluster that comes on?

On 12/8/2018 at 8:19 AM, aslanefe said:

I know the ammeter versus the alt light, I was wondering of there is any light in the cluster that comes on when the key is at run position and goes out after the engine starts. Seat belt light (if you have it) which is not in the cluster comes on for a few seconds and goes out, anything in the cluster that comes on?

My brake warning light goes out once the car starts. 

9 hours ago, aslanefe said:

If the engine dies itself (without turning the ignition off) does the brake warning light come on?

I’m not sure Aslanefe. As it’s an auto once the motor starts it never dies until I shut it down. I will check it out .

The brake warning light proveout  circuit receives a ground when in the start position from the ignition sw.  The warning light is powered in the run and start positions.  If the pressure differential switch is activated it grounds the circuit and lights the warning light.  The pressure differential switch is activated if you have a leak in the front or rear circuit or your bleeding the brakes

1 hour ago, Shep69 said:

I’m not sure Aslanefe. As it’s an auto once the motor starts it never dies until I shut it down. I will check it out .

9 minutes ago, larryc94 said:

The brake warning light proveout  circuit receives a ground when in the start position from the ignition sw.  The warning light is powered in the run and start positions.  If the pressure differential switch is activated it grounds the circuit and lights the warning light.  The pressure differential switch is activated if you have a leak in the front or rear circuit or your bleeding the brakes

Looked at the 1969 wiring schematics Mach1driver created; the brake light should not come on if the engine dies if no brake fault; it will come on only during start and go out in run.