Couple of questions regarding prep for a door. Preparing a door shell for epoxy before putting on a new skin and want to get all the prep before epoxy or indtalling my nos skin. One of my last areas of concern is this weather strip area. Wondering if the wavy metal needs to be straightened some to install the rubber later or if the rubber installs, leaving the strip as is? 

Also, I’m converting this standard shell to deluxe. In so, notice the standard shell I’m prepping doesn’t have screw holes at the doors bottom for the deluxe door panel. Curious if those who have bought new door panels, if the new panels line up with existing door shell holes?  Got some advice on vmf to use an awl to replicate these concave screw holes, any advice/tips on when or how to do this? I’m favoring using my old door panel to position the lower deluxe panel attaching screws so I can do it before the new skin goes on. Thanks for sharing any tips that may help me....Jeff

70B033D9-625B-46D1-A976-9AB765035464.jpeg

4240EDE3-B147-420F-A953-D59F4629DB95.jpeg

D7FDECC1-7734-473A-9AE2-B1CA39904423.jpeg

I can see that being a + in a way caseyrhe. Especially if the doors were just randomly punched with an awl from ford. Did you drill all new holes panel/door or manage somehow to get the new panels drilled close enough to reuse the prior holes in the metal door shell? 

Per casyrhe’s experience with no predrilled holes, in 2 different brand panels,  I’m going to wait til later to do the lower holes. I’ll finish my door skin for now and do the lower holes after paint, when new panels are bought. Thanks casey 

Wanted update this thread in case it’d help anybody in the future. I have 3 sets of deluxe door panels. Only my original door panels line up to the lower holes. So the intel must be correct about the original installer using an awl to drive the holes at random is at least plausible. I’m guessing that’s why the new door panels aren’t pre-drilled in the lower location.