Shep69

Happy 50th

HUH??

1969+50=2019 

What am I missing? Today's date is November 17, 2018. 

Mine was born on March 19, 1969 and will be 50 this coming March.

That is correct isn't it guys? Vic, if your build date is November 17, 1969 then your car turns 49 today. Shep didn't say what his build date was, but it had to be some time in 1968 for it to be 50 years old.

Just sayin' ;)

10 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

HUH??

1969+50=2019 

What am I missing? Today's date is November 17, 2018. 

Mine was born on March 19, 1969 and will be 50 this coming March.

That is correct isn't it guys? Vic, if your build date is November 17, 1969 then your car turns 49 today. Shep didn't say what his build date was, but it had to be some time in 1968 for it to be 50 years old.

Just sayin' ;)

Like RPM said they started building them in late 68 . I'm not sure what month the production run started but someone may chime in on this. My build date was 15 Nov 68.

Mustang.jpg

3 hours ago, Shep69 said:

Like RPM said they started building them in late 68 . I'm not sure what month the production run started but someone may chime in on this. My build date was 15 Nov 68.

Mustang.jpg

Wow, your car looks beautiful mate, did it come with tinted windows?

6 hours ago, unilec said:

Wow, your car looks beautiful mate, did it come with tinted windows?

Cheers Neil. It’s a factory A/C car so they come with the tinted green colour glass. I also had a local mobile tint guy here in Perth put some darker stuff on. 

13 hours ago, Shep69 said:

Mustang.jpg

And that makes it 50 years old. Beautiful color, and I like the hood tach- who made it? From the dates I'd say your 11/15/68 is one of the first and vifreg's 11/17/69 is one of the last (and not quite 50 yet).

53 minutes ago, Mach1 Driver said:

And that makes it 50 years old. Beautiful color, and I like the hood tach- who made it? From the dates I'd say your 11/15/68 is one of the first and vifreg's 11/17/69 is one of the last (and not quite 50 yet).

The hood tach I purchased from eBay. I just pulled it apart, stripped it down and painted it the same as the hood as they only come in white. It works great and I’m very happy with it.  They are still available . 

724A4E6A-142C-4210-B769-FD7E505E7594.jpeg

On 11/18/2018 at 2:59 PM, Mach1 Driver said:

Well, mine rolled off the assembly line (Dearborn) on 15 July 1969 and I was pretty sure it was among the last (222550). I do not believe they were still making these in nov 69. They had already started assembling the 70 my.

Vicfred said his car was turning 50 two days ago, that 11/27/69 must have been a typo...