MustangRanch

Found two build sheets. Leave or Remove?

So, old carpet out and what to my wondering eyes should appear?  An early Christmas present... Two, count em, two build sheets.

So what's the consensus?

Leave them here and cover with the new carpet and they stay the way San Jose FOMOCO intended?

Or

Ultra carefully remove and file away with my records.

1110181634.jpg

1110181633.jpg

1110181633b.jpg

yup, as they are completely useless to anyone hidden under the carpet where it is possible for them to sustain damage.

if they are resistant to being removed from the undercoating, you could try heating them with a blow dryer.

also, i took my build sheet for my 68 shelby gt500 convert to a restorer to have it unfolded and cleaned and he used acetone to remove some of the glue from the tape. it did not harm the paper or the print at all but try it at your own risk if you dare.

Carefully removed, fully intact.  Tucked away in a plastic sleeve with the rest of the paperwork for the car.  Thanks for the advice. 

Fyi to anybody else trying to read a tarred up sheet.  A strong light from behind shines through the tar, but not the printing.  Great way to read the hidden text.