rays69mach1

New lower control arms with defective ball joints!

I can believe it.  Last time I used Moog parts, it was tie rod ends on my wife's daily driver.  They lasted about 6 months then were worse than the tie rod ends they replaced, and it was not their cheaper line.  Also, Moog tie rod ends on my 1995 F150 don't last very long.  Less than a year.  I try to get Spicer brand which is now under the Reybestos line.  Spicer (Reybestos) suspension parts look much more robust and seem to last much longer, at least on my cars.  Plus they are and OEM supplier so at least the stuff I have purchased are identical to the original.  Only drawback is they don't offer as many products as Moog.  Moog used to be the best choice for replacement suspension parts.  I don't know if that's true anymore.

We do work for Moog. 30 or so years ago they were a family company. Been bought out many times. Only thing I'll say is it makes me sad from what they were to where they are now. Some of their stuff is still really good.

15 hours ago, EastYorkStang said:

I'm rebuilding the front end of my '65 El Camino with all Moog parts. What are their two lines known as ?

MOOG's highest quality line is called "Problem Solver". You may have to get them from NAPA or Rock Auto if your local parts store does not have them, but as 69 mach1 mentioned, there are other brands like Raybestos.

Raybestos has a "Pro Grade" and Advanced Technology" line and maybe one other but I don't know which is their high end line.

The repo suspension parts from Scott Drake used to be good but I haven't used them for years so who knows what the new owners have done.

1 hour ago, rays69mach1 said:

These control arms are the Moog problem solver brand part #CK8123 from Rock Auto.  They have a less expensive Moog part listed on their site. 

Oops, that's bad news. I would try the drake arms or the high end line from raybestos spicer 69mach1 mentioned if they make them.

On 11/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, rays69mach1 said:

https://youtu.be/JPuVxIYLNXM      I installed new lower control arms and now the lower ball joints have movement in them like they are worn out. Has any else had this problem? 

I watched your video, those ball joints are no good! That's a shame after all that work you did and now you have to tear back into it. I used all Moog suspension on my lifted Jeep and everything was great. Bought the problem solvers from RockAuto.