Just a quick note: we survived Michael, but we lost fences, 60% of the shingles, and had water intrusion into the attic and ceiling drywall.  One small window broken in the house garage.  Lost power at 11AM on the 10th, water later that day.  I sat and watched the entire hurricane from my Florida room, watching the winds turn from the east to north to west; we stayed in the eye wall for about 3 hours or so.  Lots of trees fell down from across the street onto our property but did not hit the house.  Had sufficient water for a couple of days, gas for the generator, so it would be like camping for a few days. One dropped ceiling in a room we closed and sealed off.  The house got very humid and hot, and even with the windows open it was a bit uncomfortable.  No toilet functions.  Started cleanup the next day, but tarps came on only on Monday, thanks to neighbors.  Road was cleared by cutting trees, leaving tops in our yard.  Driveway was cleared.  Went out on Monday for gas, supplies, and wife's medications by driving north about 50 miles. 
Tuesday: 2 more dropped ceilings, and mold beginning to form in carpets and ceilings, so decided to bug out to Columbus GA, as everything closer was taken.  Will not return until power, sewage, water, and Internet returns.  I have insurance, and they are helpful in relieving anxiety at the moment.  Harness business will be down until I can return and resume work. 

Thanks for thinking of me! 
Just a quick note: we survived Michael, but we lost fences, 60% of the shingles, and had water intrusion into the attic and ceiling drywall.  One small window broken in the house garage.  Lost power at 11AM on the 10th, water later that day.  I sat and watched the entire hurricane from my Florida room, watching the winds turn from the east to north to west; we stayed in the eye wall for about 3 hours or so.  Lots of trees fell down from across the street onto our property but did not hit the house.  Had sufficient water for a couple of days, gas for the generator, so it would be like camping for a few days. One dropped ceiling in a room we closed and sealed off.  The house got very humid and hot, and even with the windows open it was a bit uncomfortable.  No toilet functions.  Started cleanup the next day, but tarps came on only on Monday, thanks to neighbors.  Road was cleared by cutting trees, leaving tops in our yard.  Driveway was cleared.  Went out on Monday for gas, supplies, and wife's medications by driving north about 50 miles. 
Tuesday: 2 more dropped ceilings, and mold beginning to form in carpets and ceilings, so decided to bug out to Columbus GA, as everything closer was taken.  Will not return until power, sewage, water, and Internet returns.  I have insurance, and they are helpful in relieving anxiety at the moment.  Harness business will be down until I can return and resume work. 

An update: yard is now cleared, house has been tarped, and insulation, ceilings and any mold is being removed.  Phone, cable, and Internet service is not expected to be restored until Thanksgiving, so if you want to get ahold of me, please be patient.

Thanks.