grendi

1970 Quarter Windows Trim?

I'm trying to do a 1970 windows swap on my 1969 mustang hardtop.
Unfortunately, I recently found out, that if I change the door windows, I have to replace the quarter windows as well.
Now I'm trying to get the chrome trim with weatherstrip that is glued to the quarter panel window. (see attached picture)
Does anyone know where to get them?
If someone could send me a picture of the 1970 quarter panel window assembly guide page it would also help greatly.

1970 side view.jpg

As far as I know, the 70 coupe quarter window trim that holds the weather strip is not reproduced and you have to find a used glass with the trim.

There is a good video at west coast cougars web site that explains the differences in windows between 69 and 70, glued and not glued glass. The video is about 42 minutes long and explains how to do a lot of stuff related to the door glass and at the end of the video he explains the differences between door glass between 69 and 70 Cougar (including the Mustang glass).

you guys are great!
@mustangstofear good idea, however I checked the parts and I don't see them fit, as the window shape of the 69 and the 70 windows are different. 
@aslanefe thanks for the tip with the video. it was very helpful for fixing my driver side window problem. in fact, i don't think i could have done it without.@
@Johns Summer of 69 wow, I thought that shop was just for cougars (a friend of me gets his cougar parts there),  but they have a nice stock of parts that are not available as repros and a lot of knowledge.

some info on the progress:
I dropped the idea of using this kit https://www.cjponyparts.com/door-glass-conversion-kit-bolt-in-coupe-convertible-1969-1970/p/DGK1-V/ for the moment, as there are way too many parts missing and not available as repros at he moment. ...... unfortunately, I ordered that kit 3 month before WCCC released there instruction video on youtube. :-(
So i did what I should have done a long time ago and removed the door panel of the driver door to take a look at the problem.
It turned out that the main problem was not the glued window (but yes, I should fix in the near future too) the main problem were the window guides.
the rear window guide was slightly out of shape and misaligned, the font window guide was lying in the door, together with the mounting screws and also slightly out of shape.
Turns out one of the previous owners had used the wrong screws (to long in the back, to short in the front) to attach the window bracket to the window guide, resulting in two stripped threads on the front guide.
Fix: I cut two new "M7" threads in the window guide, and shortened two "M7" screws to the right length, and replaced the back screws with the right type and length.
I heated the rear bracket with a small torch and used a vice to get the parts back into the right shape.
I used a combination of two original and two repro gliders on both guides to get them sliding free from play.
So far everything looks good (y)

That bolt in glass kit you bought from cjpony should work on a 1970 coupe or vert without any extra parts needed. All you need to reuse is the 4 uhaped guides (2 on each door). 69 coupe or vert will need the 70 quarter glasses to work with that kit. If your windows work now, all you are missing is the trim that holds the weatherstrip on the front of the quarter and the weather strip for it which is reproduced (I think they even have the original ford tooling ones available). That weatherstrip is not the same or 69 and 70 copue/vert, 70 strip is wider.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:51 AM, mustangstofear said:

I could be  wrong,  but I think you just need to buy the trim that goes on the door  glass and remove the  ones on the Qtrs.

As far as I know,  for coupe and vert 70 door glass is wider than 69 glass. They moved the w/s trim to back in 70, shortened the quarter glass and widened the front same amount.

7 hours ago, aslanefe said:

Never mind my post above, I looked at the picture you posted and thought you had a 70 coupe. On a side note, used quarter glass is kind of cheap, 

if you live in Switzerland, nothing is cheap as you have to import everything from the US.
.....but if you can get me both quarter windows with brackets and trim, in good quality for a reasonable price, let me know.
A friend of me has shipping containers leaving from california to switzerland every few month.

Didn't know you were in Switzerland .I know what you mean, I have restored a 1970 Grande in Europe in the mid 90's before the internet and eBay. I bought a used quarter glass for that car on eBay a few years ago for about $30, 

26 minutes ago, Bob Highfill said:

So I bought the 1970 door glass kit for my 69 mach 1 and so do I need to buy the 70 quarter window glass and vertical trim or just buy the 70 trim. Thanks

Original post was about a coupe, fastback quarter window is not same as coupe quarter window?