Padrino

Rear wheel spacing

Hi, 

today I noticed on my 69 Mach that the left rear wheel is closer to the front of the well than the right side. There’s about an inch difference between the two sides. Is this normal?

Not normal.  Jack the car up to get both wheels off of the ground and see if anything moves.   The front spring mounting points are fixed, and cannot move...check the rear spring shackles to see if there is anything obvious. Othewise you may be looking at some offset in the frame somewhere.

I’ve noticed the wheels arent really centered in my 69’s rear wheel wells, both sides. New leaf springs, u-bolts and tie bolts,  original 9”. I’ve looked online a bunch and notice some 69’s are similar to mine and some seem to be better centered but it’s tough to get the right pictures to compare. Anyhow, grendi just posted a pic of his on his window trim post. His looks to be like mine. I’m not sure if this is designed that way or a problem exists. Here’s grendi’s pic of his, hope you are ok with TBUT of the pics grendi, to further the hobby. With yours being off on one side, makes me think yours may have a problem. Maybe one side is in the wrong spring perch hole. 

4DCB81BC-7E85-4415-A1F1-AAA59CF3FD98.png