Floridastang

Wiring harness help

The picture attached is the original harness for the scoop installed turn signals for which I have no wiring diagram. The middle plug supplies power to the harness from the left and right signal feed. And the bulbs flash as advertised. The other plugs are in question they also receive flashing power. Anyone know what they may feed?

1C35A083-BF8C-4742-AD8D-7A4EE9D41AC4.jpeg

81ADBB77-27B4-42A7-A569-F3571924339F.jpeg

They connect to the left and right flashers at the very front ot the car, outside the radiator support. I have a repro harness. There is two 3-pin connectors. One for the left, one for the right. This looks different. Can it be for a '70 with the fog Sports lamps?

Maybe, I have required the car all Alloy Metal harnesses. I have a long flasher Lee’s from the harness in front oof the radiator as you describe. It is long enough to run rearward all the way to the firewall. The turn signal harness with the build sockets installed is no longer than 18 inches. So what ever they connect to has to be close. 

Thank you. 

The harness is a seperate harness ,it has jumpers at the front where it plugs into the turn signal ,you un plug the signal and the harness acts as a jumper . It then runs over the spring tower and ends right beside the master cylinder ,the scoop harnes plugs into that and into the lights in the scoop ,there should also be a ground at the fire wall if i remember right

Thanks Maybe, I have required the car all Alloy Metal harnesses. I have a long flasher Lee’s from the harness in front oof the radiator as you describe. It is long enough to run rearward all the way to the firewall. The turn signal harness with the build sockets installed is no longer than 18 inches. So what ever they connect to has to be close. 

Thank you. 

Not my first by a long shot: I think I'm well over 3 dozen, but most at sea.  My first was a supertyphoon in 1976 at sea.  The most magnificent sight I ever witnessed was when I was allowed up on the bridge, taking 35* rolls, waves 45 feet, winds 75 mph gusting to 90.  The wind was whipping the tops of the waves right off: simply indescribable and beautiful.  I[m not that afraid of the wind; but the flooding that accompanies hurricanes on land/beaches is something to evacuate from.  A person cannot stand up to the force of flood waters. 

8 hours ago, Midlife said:

Not my first by a long shot: I think I'm well over 3 dozen, but most at sea.  My first was a supertyphoon in 1976 at sea.  The most magnificent sight I ever witnessed was when I was allowed up on the bridge, taking 35* rolls, waves 45 feet, winds 75 mph gusting to 90.  The wind was whipping the tops of the waves right off: simply indescribable and beautiful.  I[m not that afraid of the wind; but the flooding that accompanies hurricanes on land/beaches is something to evacuate from.  A person cannot stand up to the force of flood waters. 

Sounds like you were a fellow sailor and that we went through Supertyphoon Pamela together. I was stationed at NAS Agana Guam back then.

I forgot the name of the storm, but Pamela sounds about right.  We pulled into Guam after the storm, and only two buildings were basically left standing and operational: the Hilton and MacDonalds.  A couple of years later, we were stuck on Guam during another storm...the night before, we were at a restaurant, and heard over the radio that "the Official Police Looting Patrol" was out and about.  We laughed out loud, wondering whether the police were officially looting, or the police were going after official looters, or what...

I was on oceanographic research vessels from 75-80 as a graduate student.