50dan

Borgeson Power Steering Upgrade Kit

I first ran my hoses up and over the headers also but didn't take long to figure out something needs to be changed.  I  plumbed hard lines from the steering box through the rear fender apron up to and under the apron and shock tower  lip to the front apron and back through. From there I incorporated a cooler and of course had high pressure hose made. I did not care about originality as much as i did the quality of performance.  I have been running this set up for a couple of years now and am pleased with it.

3 hours ago, bryonbush said:

You haven’t used this system have you? The hoses they have suck and run OVER the headers which means they bake then crack and break. My hoses lasted a week while on the power tour. Anyone who actually drives their cars with their borgensons hoses are on borrowed time. It seems like you’re set on an argument on why we should stick with brogeson over rack even after I pointed out two kits that will be around the same price. Never the less, a search for my posts on borgeson will quickly show the issues they have for someone who drives their car a lot with this system. 

I can see hoses being an issue if you have headers.  Borgeson offers longer hoses for headers to help get them up away from the heat.  In my opinion, if you have headers the standard hoses are too short and the long hoses are too long.  I compromised and had a pressure hose made with a length in between those two.

The hoses Borgeson offers are not as good as what can be made.  But, the quality looks like any other automotive power steering hose.