JamieK

JamieK's 1969 fastback restomod

Hey there. - Just joined so here are some pics of my 1969 Mustang fastback.  This'll be the 3rd Mustang shell I put inexpensive Fox Mustang model fuel injection, etc on.  

I got it as a bare shell from a towing yard a while back.  I swapped in the EFI harness from a Fox Mustang I had and it briefly had the 5.0 in it.   It now has a 408 I've been putting together with AFR heads and a Trickflow box intake.  The recipe is from a Richard Holdener article that dynoed at ~525 hp.

I had to add a fuel system, tank, wiring, clutch pedal, exhaust, seats, shocks, etc.  It runs and I'm tuning it with a Moates Quarterhorse that plugs into the "stock" '89 Ford computer.  

Up next - hooking the Fox-style PS pump to the '69 powere steering with a custom  pressure hose.  Did the same with my '67 coupe - works fine.

20180705_224442.jpg

20180705_174801.jpg

2 hours ago, Cantedvalve said:

you found that shell in a towing yard?  How the heck did you manage that

It was 2006 or so in the SF bay area and interior looked like she had been stored in the bottom of a river :)  Got it as a lien sale.   Fast forward a bunch of other projects, jobs, moves and she finally has the 408 in place.  

dscn1289_1999463276_o.jpg

13 hours ago, RPM said:

Welcome to the forum, but I gots to know where you live :

Thanks Bob.  Super nice fastback on your profile!    I'm outside Pasadena. 

I'm trying to get my junk drivable for the Hot Rod/In-and-Out event at Pomona 11/17 if you're down here.   Two tickets are $30 + parking.  Entering the car show was $40.  So yes, this is a show car :)

Edited by JamieK
Added newline

8 hours ago, JamieK said:

It was 2006 or so in the SF bay area and interior looked like she had been stored in the bottom of a river :)  Got it as a lien sale.   Fast forward a bunch of other projects, jobs, moves and she finally has the 408 in place.  

That is an excellent pull.  Good on you!