copb8

Good Guys Mighty Mustang Award

I attended Good Guys this weekend, albeit only on Sunday because I got rained out on Saturday. It was a good time even with so few cars compared to Saturdays. At least the lines and crowds were down. Even did a few parade laps on the track.

When I got back to my car I actually ended up getting the 'Mighty Mustang' award for the show. I guess the judges troll around the cars looking for candidates. No big award or anything but I got a plaque and did a drive by in front of the little stage. Fun twist.

2018 Good Guys Mighty Mustang Award.jpg

36 minutes ago, barnett468 said:

xlnt, and your car looks exactly like one i used to have. does it have ac and an intermittent wiper?

Not factory air, just Vintage Air. And no intermittent wipers.

Pic of the parade laps. I've driven this track in true high-speed events a few times but never been on it with the Mustang. It was still fun for me but my friend, who was in the car with me, had never put a foot on any kind of track was over the moon. Watching him was more fun than the drive itself . Funny thing was I offered to let him drive and he declined saying he'd never been in a race before! LOL! 

2018-09-30 12.22.39.jpg

That's what everybody did. There was a lead truck setting the pace and another following up in the rear. We would fall back as much as they'd let you (I was the last car in the chains) and then hit it through the corners but you'd catch up to the other cars pretty quickly and wouldn't come close to speeds that would really thrill you.

2 hours ago, copb8 said:

That's what everybody did. There was a lead truck setting the pace and another following up in the rear. We would fall back as much as they'd let you (I was the last car in the chains) and then hit it through the corners but you'd catch up to the other cars pretty quickly and wouldn't come close to speeds that would really thrill you.

I would have passed the lead truck and tell them i was taking the wave around