fvike

Let's play... Mystery Part!

1 hour ago, barnett468 said:

From the front side it sort of looks a little like half of the rubber ring that goes around the steering column on the floor but one of the other guys here will know for certain what it is.

Is it bigger than a bread box?

It's ca 3 inches diameter. How big is a standard U.S bread box ??

2 hours ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

I'm with Ridge Runner, it's not from a Mustang.  Unless it's some sort of convertible top part which I am absolutely not familiar with.

Nothing on my convertible like that. At least not that I can remember.

7 hours ago, RPM said:

I don't recall seeing that piece when I tore apart or put my car back together. But then, I can't remember why I just walked into the kitchen. 

Beer!  Sheesh...your man card just got pulled.

I saw on another forum for a different year Mustang, someone wanting a missing part...a gasket-like thing that goes between the steering column and the dash cluster.  Could this part have the same inside diameter as the steering column? 

Just throwing out a remote possibility.

7 hours ago, jmlay said:

This is a mustang part. It clips to the gage cluster to take up the gap between the colum and the gage cluster. If you need a picture installed let me know.

I found it in a box I had labeled "interior" from the teardown of the car. So it should be a Mustang part. Thanks for clearing that up. If you do have an installde picture, pleas post it up. It probably installs only one way, but it's great to have a reference on this tread then.