Looking for the collective wisdom on how to fix the problem.

This weekend I made a lot of progress on finishing the car. One of those things that I tried to install was a complete failure and now I am stuck. I got a new door glass weatherstrip channel for the passenger side and tried to install the weatherstrip and got about 3/4 of the way and it got stuck. Now I need to get it out of the channel without damaging/crushing it. It is stuck, really stuck...

Recommendations? Should I try to put it in the freezer to "shrink" the rubber, then clamp (with soft inserts) and drive it out with a screwdriver?

One other thing. The cable for the driver mirror adjustment. How do I keep it from getting caught by the window channel?

"The cable for the driver mirror adjustment. How do I keep it from getting caught by the window channel? "I would also be keen to find out.Any chance of someone having a photo of inside the door panel showing what holds the cable to the panel & the cables route.Cheers Phil

First work the channel from the bottom up to remove it do not pull it out this could stretch it or break.

Next clean the channel with steel wool and wipe it down with dish soap to install stripping.

The mirror cables go behind the channel around to the door hole, There is a large lock tab washer on the back of the door panel and screw on finish nut on the int side.

after spraying it with wd40 as was mentioned, alternately try to push then pull the rubber out., then wash the molding and rubber with dish soap to remove the wd40, then put dish soap on the rubber also before installing, not just on the window channel, then rinse the assembly off.

5 hours ago, Johns Summer of 69 said:

WD40 was/is a no-go. That's how I got into this situation. I had success with the other side using AGS BK4 Brake Lubricant. The weatherstripping that this point is trash so I am more concerned about getting it off without damaging it

if it wont come off with wd40 and you did not glue it in, you have a problem with the molding which is probably why you could not get the weatherstrip in it all the way in the first place. you can slice it long ways with a razor then pull out the side that has the lip on it then use a screwdriver to pry it out of the other side.

SUCCESS! I did the hot soapy water trick and was able to rip it out. So I then put the new one in hot soapy water, coated it with the AGS BK4 Brake Lubricant (and the channel)and was able to muscle it on. I believe my success this time is that I installed the channel unto the window first, then put on the weatherstripping.