Mike65

Bolt in glass diagram.

I am adding bolt in glass to my 69 Coupe & I need a picture of the bolt in door glass or a picture of the diagram. I also need to order the door window guide bushings & need to know how many I need & where they go.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/bushing-door-window-guide-repro-8-reqd-stronger/103765

Check out West Coast Classic Cougar Site:- Window Guide, I did & bought 16 thru them of original used ones (8 per window) as they seem to hold the bracket tighter to guide rails than the repo ones.The reviews on their site on the repo ones say that to cut out the play that they used thin plastic under the plastic guides to get them closer to the thickness of the originals.

This is pretty much a must read for work on our cars. Don at WCCC says the repo plastic guide inserts look nice, but are thinner than worn used guides, which causes more rattling and not being able to adjust properly. In the vid he says he sometimes has used inserts for sale. He recommends flipping the oem used guide end for end which allows the tubes to rest on the unused portion of the guide. I tossed the repo guides I had after watching his video.

One caution with the WCCC video is the bracket position on the glass is different between Cougar and Mustang.  This video states 1" from the edge.  Mustang is 3/4".  I know because I used the 1".  It still works since the guides are big enough.  But its best to use the right dimension.