Floridastang

Steering wheel recommendations

Can someone recommend an after mart steering wheel for my 69 mustang with tilt and tiltaway wheel. I would like to get one close to the original size with an adapter that will allow the horn to work and the turn signals to cancel. The original rim blow restoration is a little two rich for my blood at this time. 

I too wanted to get one close to the original size as I have manual steering which is easier on the arms with more leverage. You don't mention the style of wheel you're after, but my aftermarket Chicom Moto-Lita knock off ($165 + a $95 adapter) is 1" smaller diameter than my rim blow, and is liveable with the effort needed to turn it. I'd like to get the deeper spacer to make up for the flat spokes vs the dished in the rim blow. The VMF site had a group buy on my wheel years ago, and I jumped in a couple of years after the original sale. I've seen my wheel on ebay recently.

866407923_Steeringwheelview.thumb.jpg.204133893d06cd22502db75aa6c4419c.jpg

No clue on the brand as it's from red china. By searching for Moto Lita, or goggle search for similar image you'll find something close. The adapter is needed to attach the 9 hole wheel to the Ford column splines. 

The turn signals and horn need nothing done to function properly. You'll also need to buy the horn button. Many logo buttons from which to choose, including a blank one.

I’ve found the problem with using aftermarket wheels is that they are all round. My original steering wheel isn’t round. The radius on the bottom is shorter.  So to get one with the same leg room, I would need something pretty darn small