bigmal

Reversing Sensors

Hi guys,

Has anyone fitted reversing sensors to the back of 69 fastback. The rear valance is at a fare bit of an angle so having difficulty in finding angled spacers for that big an angle. Curious to see what others have done. Thanks Mal.

I would take it to the next level- I plan on a backup camera and mirror from Rearview Safety for my Stang. I've got two cameras on my Vette and its the best thing I ever did to the car. The dang things are much longer in front that you think and so low that parking curbs are a problem without a front camera, and the back camera makes its easy to back into a parking spot.  The mirror shows a grid with green yellow and red zones. For some reason everyone in my club feels the need to always back in to a parking stall. Show-offs (or maybe they don't want to show the ugly-ass rear end?). I've got an old C5 and last week on a club cruise down to Florida a fellow C5er buried the butt of his car in a bush when he backed in. Without a camera you just can't see.

I've often thought the rear license plate frame would be a good spot. One could route the wiring in parallel with the license plate lamp. Frames around the license could be modified ad nauseum without affecting the integrity of any of the car's real sheet metal.

24 minutes ago, 69RavenConv said:

I've often thought the rear license plate frame would be a good spot. One could route the wiring in parallel with the license plate lamp. Frames around the license could be modified ad nauseum without affecting the integrity of any of the car's real sheet metal.

thumbsup.gif

.............................................5580445_rd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55

yada-backup-camera-camera.jpg?ver=1

8 hours ago, barnett468 said:

i don't know what a reversing sensor unless it is a distance sensor. do you have a photo of it?

I just grabbed these of the web. I wanted to mount below the bumper and was thinking about either angled spacers or welding in a spacer from behind so they point strait back. If that makes any sense. (not a pun)

Sensors.JPG

Sensors kit.JPG

This is radar (some say lidar) using an aluminum foil antenna .393" x 39.37" long. It is adhered to the inside of a plastic bumper and radiates EM waves outward.

I think it would have to hang below the bumper of a classic Mustang and be visible to work as advertised. Metal would reflect the wave so I'm not sure how close to the bumper it could be.