Sign in to follow this  
moodster

Window moves front to back

So I converted my 69 door to use 70 glass.  The problem is that my window will not stay put from front to back.  I can grab the window and push/pull it forward/backward so I know I've got something missing with my hardware.  Looking at the 70 glass diagram, I believe I'm missing Ford part numbers 354486-S, 382206-S, 356536-S.  All I have is the bolt and the nut in this front mount.  There is also a pressed in bushing that runs through the arm which I think is Ford part number 234A28 and maybe 356536-S.  But these are all Ford part numbers so I don't know what they correspond to.. can anybody help me find the parts I need to purchase to get my window to stay put?

david

Hi Moodster

Answered this on vmf. If you used aftermarket parts as I did I think they made something wrong on the stud that slides back and forth.  I could never get it to stay set as it was made. I added a flat washer to interfere with the movement.