ralt962

All Drive all the time

I have a fully rebuilt FMX ( built about 3 years ago), but just now getting it going.  At first I seem to have normal gear selection.  Had reverse at one point and Park.  But now I have all drive.  The gear selector has the detents.  I can feel the detents in the trans selector by disconnecting the shifter and moving the lever.  Park feels a little light for the detent.  Other positions the detent is solid.  But when the engine is running, it doesn't matter where the selector is, I am in drive.  Not a good situation.  

All I can think of is the selector inside is disconnected or there is a complete mess inside.  Its only been driven around the block since the rebuild.  

Looking for suggestions where to start?  Can I get to the selector with the pan off?  I"m not an auto trans guy.

Sounds to me like the throttle linkage is not connected to the manual valve linkage. In the pic, the connection is below his fingernail and left of the arrow. While the pic is an AOD, the connection is the same.

Screenshot_20180827-231757.thumb.png.7e6b18aabb829d928b79e4aad1f69d56.png

RPM,   thanks for the help and the finger.   I'll check that and the lever attachment inside.  I'm getting help on this one.  Hopefully this is all there is and I can get it on the street again.

10 hours ago, bigmal said:

I've seen some blogs go off topic but this takes the cake. FYI I have more gruesome pictures of my hand. It didn't stop with the finger.

Is that for real? wth happened?

14 hours ago, skidmarky said:

Is that for real? wth happened?

Circular saw. Almost took a second finder but they managed to rebuild it. Cup a fair way up my hand too. And I definitely need that towel!

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, JET 445 said:

I had a friend do the same thing, cut off his thumb and first finger in a saw, after it healed up they took his big toe and put it on his hand to use as a thumb !!!

Does he wear gloves or socks?