Ridge Runner

Just a paypal question ,or two

My sister is selling some of my parts ,she has paypal but never used it . My question is ,can the buyer cancle payment after the part has been shipped ? She has to wait 7 -10 days to collect payment . Should she wait to send the part untill payment is collected?

Unless something has changed recently, yes a buyer can cancel for up to maybe 6 months if they use a credit card. They can not cancel if they use the funds that are in their Paypal account or if they use a debit card.

Don't ship until payment is made and only after verifying that it was not made by a credit card. This can be done by looking at the amount received. Paypal charges the seller around 3.5% if a buyer pays by credit card. This will show up in the payment fees etc.

If she is selling thru Ebay and is a new seller, Paypal will hold the funds for 21 days before releasing them to her. This is because they put the money in a short term interest bearing account so they can make money on it. Many of the big classic car auction companies do the same thing. It's a bit of a racket. She does not have to wait for funds to be released if the buyer pays by "Friends And Family" and the funds will be available to her around 5 seconds after the buyer hits the "Send" button on Paypal, irregardless of what method the buyer uses to pay.