Sign in to follow this  
cffisher

1970 Cougar turn signals

A friend of mine has  70 XR7 We can't get power to the turn signals or 4 ways. The fuse box dose not have a place for a fuse  but it is marked where one could have gone.We have replaced everything we can and still nothing. Is there a circuit breaker some where or fuseable link??Thanks Charlie

What are we doing on a perfect Saturday night wondering about the turn signal wires?   At least in Minneapolis it is a nice night, but I happen to be home with not much more to do.   I could understand it to be hot in Florida,  but in San Diego it must also be a nice night? 

From what I understand, there is a fuse in the fuse  block for turn signals. It also controls other things. 

14 hours ago, danno said:

From what I understand, there is a fuse in the fuse  block for turn signals. It also controls other things. 

I hope your wrong as all fuses are good in fuse box. I'll look farther for in line fuse what color wire would it be in??

Thanks

4 minutes ago, cffisher said:

I hope your wrong as all fuses are good in fuse box. I'll look farther for in line fuse what color wire would it be in??

Thanks

On his post above, Midlife said on one of orange lines near the turn signal connector.

I just checked a couple Cougar 70 underdash harnesses and I didn't see an in-line fuse.  E-flasher and brake light power comes from a 90* terminal that connects to a circuit breaker; output is via a white/red wire that goes to the curved turn signal harness connector.  I'd guess that your CB is bad or not connected. 

3 hours ago, cffisher said:

we have brake lights  I kind of figured it was a breaker bad but can't find it.

Not 100% sure, but I think the CB is part of the headlight switch.

You probably need to ask on a Cougar forum.  I just work on wires; I don't have access to the various cars to give you an answer as to where things go. 

That said, you should talk to my wife: she tells me where to go all the time...and it is usually only one place...