Viperpete

Boss 302 clone

I've only seen one true Boss 302 up close in my life.  It was a 1970 at Checkered Flag Classic Cars in the town I live in.  The 69 and 70 Boss 302's are my favorite Mustangs so I had to stop and look at it.  It was the real thing.  It  looked like a professional concourse restoration.  Apparently the owner had driven it about 5000 miles since the restoration.  When I looked at it the price was $85,000.  It sat it their showroom for only a week.

On that Craigslist clone, I wonder how they eliminated the scoops in the quarter panels?  That thing doesn't seem worth the $16K they are asking.

I built a couple of boss 302s ,one was a 70 and one was a 69 . The 69 needed a quarter ,this was several years ago and they were not available . I had a good 69 quarter so i used the patch out of an old junker 70 ,i cut out the 69 pocket and butt welded in the 70 patch 

They either filled in the pocket ,or replaced the quarters with new 70s

It looks too rough for the asking price. While I could live with a well-executed stroker in a Boss 302 clone, I'd still want to see all the other Boss 302 goodies - 4-speed, disc brakes, suspension upgrades, and heck, why not a drag pack?

Oh yeah, and a real '69 Boss 302 would not have a hood scoop.