Sign in to follow this  
Jack Wheeler

Looking for Shift Knob - Hurst

I am working on a 1969 Mach1 with a 4-Speed Toploader with Hurst shifting linkage.  The standard Ford shift lever knob will not fit on the Hurst shift lever (different threads).  Does anyone know where I can get a shift knob for the Hurst shifter.  It doesn't have to be stock, just needs to fit the threads on the Hurst shifter.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jack Wheeler said:

I am working on a 1969 Mach1 with a 4-Speed Toploader with Hurst shifting linkage.  The standard Ford shift lever knob will not fit on the Hurst shift lever (different threads).  Does anyone know where I can get a shift knob for the Hurst shifter.  It doesn't have to be stock, just needs to fit the threads on the Hurst shifter.  Thanks.

Like everybody else mentioned, Summit Racing has many Hurst shift knobs and Hurst T-handles that fit your shifter.  From your description is it the OEM Hurst Competition Plus shifter Ford used in 1970 or is it a current new Hurst Competition Plus shifter?  I believe both have the same thread for the knob, 3/8"-16 UNC.  The OEM seems to fit through the floor opening a little better than the new Hurst Competition Plus shifter.

Thanks for the leads.  I found one, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I think this car came with a Ford shifter, but someone converted it over to a Hurst.  I now know that Ford used Hurst shifters in 1970, but apparently not in 1969.  Thanks again......................Jack