Sign in to follow this  
Mountaineerfan

Odd Parking Light Behavior

So this is weird....

Just got the car back from the paint shop, and have begun reinstalling the interior.  When I connected the battery, I noticed that one parking light was on.  The light switch is off, there's no key in the ignition, nothing.  When I turn the lights on, it's on (so the driver's side may be burnt out....), and when I turn them off, it's on.

Any ideas?

stuck light.jpg

Pinched wire in the headlight harness, where the Battery Power line is contacting the right parking light?  Hmmm...if true, then the left side would light up as the two front lamps are tied together.  That can't be it...right turn signal lever on?  That might be the case if not enough resistance in the circuit (bulbs on that circuit are missing). 

My best two possibilities.  The third is that your car is possessed.

4 hours ago, Midlife said:

Pinched wire in the headlight harness, where the Battery Power line is contacting the right parking light?  Hmmm...if true, then the left side would light up as the two front lamps are tied together.  That can't be it...right turn signal lever on?  That might be the case if not enough resistance in the circuit (bulbs on that circuit are missing). 

My best two possibilities.  The third is that your car is possessed.

Probably a wise guess (the pinched wire.  Possession still possible).  When the shop reconnected the lights, they had not connected one of the low beams at all, and had not connected the ground wires from the harness at all.  I'll chase the wires for that parking light and see what I find.  I haven't pulled the driver's bulb yet to see if it is blown or disconnected.