Sign in to follow this  
shelbyshelby

Window Crank/Handle

Does anybody know the correct Ford number to the 69 window cranks with stereo? I don’t know if they’re different length to clear the speaker grille or what’s the difference is? Is this the right number C9UZ-8223342-A? Thanks for any help...Jeff

From WCCC: " C8AB-7630323-A Usually these will not have knobs. Plan on purchasing new knobs. Ask about our B grade knobs that will have some pitting or lusting issues. This is the correct "shorty" crank for a 1968 Cougar front window crank. It is the same length as the rear 1968 - 1970 but uses a center screw instead of a side Allen set screw. The 1969 - 1970 crank (with AM or no radio) looks the same but is longer. These shorter cranks were also used in conjunction with the factory door speakers used in the 1969 - 1970 so as not to rub on the tops of the speaker grilles. The portion that attaches to the splined shaft on the window regulator protrudes from the back 3/16" and will not clear the 71-73 rear interior panels properly. Ford part number C8AZ-7630322-A. The casting number seen on the backside commonly reads C8AB-7630323-A."

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/19wicrus.html?attribs=87

From my experience, it isn't a difference in overall length, it is a difference in height off the door panel.  The speaker grills on a '69 are raised up off the door panel, and some of the door handles from the era are flatter when you look at them from the side.  Those hit the speaker grills, and wear a radius across them (I removed this exact combination from the drivers side of my car when I got it).

I just pulled up my order history, and I ordered NPD Part #23342-4B & 23352-3A.  These cleared my factory speaker grills, and look & work perfect.  I would have no problem recommending them over a used one somewhere, and they might even be cheaper too.

I’m not having any luck ID’ing the correct handles, even the new ones don’t have a listing for a early December 68 built, 69 with deluxe interior with stereo speakers. I did find in my parts this one but it doesn’t match the numbers from snafu. It also has a white knob that’s been painted black so I’m doubting it’s original to my black interior car. It has a C8UB number??  My doors aren’t together yet, to try it. I’m gathering parts so after paint it’ll go together quicker, I’m not in a rush. Anybody have an assembly manual or other possible resource to identify the correct handles. I have read that there’s a difference in length and/or different depth handles for the stereo speakers. Google is failing me on this one. Thanks for any more insight. 

EB27B3AA-E38E-49FA-AB74-D0C26727897E.jpeg

B91C483A-3229-490A-A141-E21D0BA6D7C6.jpeg

3046C459-9872-49DD-B1EA-99B20812BF4D.jpeg