Sign in to follow this  
Black Jade

Motor Mounts

Looking for part #'s for 1969, 302 motor mounts. Or a supplier for the correct height. Car I am working on , the fan is barely missing lower radiator hose and transmission lines. Fan shroud (AC car) has bottom completely missing.  

Thanks, Ed

I'm pretty sure you would need the insulator as the support bracket should be what connects it to the frame.  Also, there are two both a big block and small block version of that bracket, and they look virtually identical.  The only difference is the position of one of the side holes that connects it to the frame, and it changes the rotation angle of the bracket.  if your current motor mount bolts up without binding, you probably have the right one.

One last item, these are a lot of threads about the engine sitting too low in these cars.  I can't recall ever seeing one about them being too high.  The abuse these cars got over the years made it pretty easy for the motor to sit lower in its cradle naturally.  One of my cars had been hit in the front, and I spent quite awhile trying to find ways to fix it. I had the same problem as you with the fan hitting the bottom of the shroud, and I had everything adjusted to the max but it wasn't enough.